Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_chronflow – Coverflow (Read 73339 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_chronflow – Coverflow

Reply #125
Hey, i have this message when i want to install the componenet: Could not load component "foo_chronflow-master.zip": Unsupported format or corrupted file.
Thanks.

Reply #127
Is there any way this can display artwork from a folder based the track rather than an album? Quite a lot of tracks are singles, and (depending on the grouping setting) it tries to add them all to the first single, to make an album that doesn't exist. I tried replacing the 'No Cover Image' with a URL to the artwork folder, ending in \%artist% - %title%, but it didn't like it! Or, can a different code be entered into the Database filter box? Also, what is the grouping syntax for %album% when there is one, otherwise %track%?? Thanks for a lovely piece of FB2K input!

Reply #128
Sorry, I didn't quite get what you are asking for. Do you want one "album" per single? Then you need to change your grouping settings accordingly.

Reply #129
Sorry, I didn't quite get what you are asking for. Do you want one "album" per single? Then you need to change your grouping settings accordingly.
Thanks for the response. That's part of it, but it's more the 'album art'. When the track is a single, I'd prefer that the artwork was for that track only, preferably sourced from the FB2K Artwork standard: <A:\SongImages\$stripprefix(%filename%.jpg>. At the moment, it groups all singles by the artist from one year into an 'album' and shows them under the first track's artwork. The grouping regime is <[$stripprefix(%artist%,the)][%date%][%album%]>, display syntax is <%artist%$crlf()[%album%]>. This all works great for albums, but not singles...

Reply #132
forgive my stupidity but I am a novice to foobar. I installed this component but cannot get it show up. I am running foobar 'dark mode' and my ui looks like the attached pic . I know it's installed as it shows up in prefs

Reply #133
Dear colleagues, I want to share a proposal for additional functionality of Coverflow which will accommodate the issue of going through a huge amount of albums before reaching the specific section of music one wishes to navigate through before selecting an album to listen.
More specifically, foobar users tend to built a massive music file with thousands of albums stored. Usually, they store albums using a kind of categorization. For example, under the main folder of Pink Floyd, there are subfolders of the group’s albums like The dark side of the moon or The Wall. Some other, also store the Pink Floyd folder inside a folder with the name Rock. Using such a structure, one can also have folders with other music genre, e.g. folk music or classical.
If music files are enormous, it would be a good add-on the provision of ability to dynamically limit the file that it will provide the list of albums, compared to the huge music file that foobar has access to.
A proposal could be to build a connection between Album list panel and Coverflow. When a mouse select event occurs at the Rock folder of the Album list panel, the available albums at the Coverflow will be limited only to the ones stored inside the Rock folder. Further, if the Rory Gallagher folder is selected then only the specific artist’s albums will be accessible through Coverflow.
I think this will bring a significant improvement to Coverflow and help all of us who possess a massive media library.
Thanks

Reply #134
@theo_m have you tried typing the name of the album you want to go to?

Reply #135
I would also vote for such functionality like theo_m explained - coverflow connected to selected folder in Albumlist similar like ESPlaylist have.  To show albums in current AlbumList folder and below.
This would be much more usable and usefull, I have thousands of albums, currently it is only nice effect for me.
Selecting by typing artist name is not always possible if I dont remember it only how the cover looks like. 99% I select by folders in Album list - structure by codec, genre, artist, album and similar.
I dont know how hard it is to implement but it would be really great and philosophically compatible with other plugins. Can be done as option in settings with current behaviour as default not to break others congurations.

Reply #136
Hi, I have the same issue as skypickle, I have no idea how to start coverflow.
I noticed in the preferences that it is not activated. The field is grayed out.
What am I doing wrong?

Reply #137
I noticed in the preferences that it is not activated. The field is grayed out.
It's not grayed out, it is highlighted because you clicked on it. The component is installed, probably correctly for it to display in the media library section.  Technically, there is nothing to "start" once the component is installed, so let's go back to the basics.

Step two: After you installed the component and restarted foobar, did you modify your foobar2000 layout and add the coverflow component?
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #138
Step two: After you installed the component and restarted foobar, did you modify your foobar2000 layout and add the coverflow component?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, by now I found that this step is needed. In case this is documented somewhere, I have to admit that I did not see this. I thought this would replace the normal cover view or something like this.
Anyway, it is working now, thanks!

Reply #139
Thanks Chronial for this amazing component.
I am still speechless about the visual aim and being able to remember how I used to play music in the past... congratulations!
This my first post in the forum, so I would also like give a salute globale
Have a nice day!

Reply #140
Thanks for the nice words 😊

Reply #141
Hi, LOVE this addon because as a DJ my memory is very visual and I need to see those covers as big as possible. In fact I use it to drag tracks over to Serato because Serato (and other DJ software?) have no ability to display covers as large as possible such as File Explorer does with "Extra large icons".

So how do I get Foobar2000 to play all tracks in the Library, sorted by last modified, and have Coverflow display the cover for the playing track ? I have "Album source" preferences Group by: %artist%|%title%, Sort by: %last_modified% which sorts the covers the way I want them and I have "Double click" set to "Add to playback cue" which works, but how do I add all the tracks from the Library to a playlist and then get Coverflow to follow that ?

Reply #142
This a a really superb piece of work,for which thank you!

It works fine, but I'd like to know if there is a way it can be set to load artwork from sources other than the Library. For example, when playing a radio stream, Cover Art displays the station logo (pre-filed in a named folder), and then changes to the Song Playing artwork and info (when the stream has been formatted correctly). Coverflow ignores sources other than the main Muisc Library.  As in the image below, Coverflow still shows the last Library items that were being played before the radio stream was started.

I have noticed an option called 'Database Filter' which seems to have box 'Reload Soucrces'. Is that anything to do with it? Many thanks for the software, and for your help.

Reply #143
Can anyone tell me where the Coverflow data is held within FB2K? I notice that in the original 'foo_chronflow-master.fb2k-component' folder, there are the images for artwork loading, etc, but I can't find them within FB2K once Coverflow is installed. I'd like to change the 'cover loading' image to match the background as I find it quite ugly when 00s of images are loading. Thanks for any help.

Reply #144
The images are stored within the dll. You can extract them using a resource editor. But I also attached them to this post, including the source photoshop file.

Reply #145
Hi guys, I just downloaded foo_chronoflow, installed it, tried to add it as a UI element to my top left album list window and every time I did, foobar crashes.
I'm running up to date Windows 10. My layout is in the attachment.

Thanks for the help! :)

Reply #146
Could you please send me the crash report via PM, including the .dmp file? And which graphics card do you have?

Reply #147
The images are stored within the dll. You can extract them using a resource editor. But I also attached them to this post, including the source photoshop file.
That's very kind, thankyou. I've since found that the alternative 'coverflow_mod' add-on has this option in its menu, which is pretty convenient!

Reply #148
Hi Chronial!

I have two interesting problems. As I use: Foobar2000 v1.6.2 - Columns UI v1.6.0 mode - Coverflow v0.5.2 (Windows 10 64 bit op. system)

The first image on the left shows what’s in the directory, but if I want to load it into the playlist by clicking on the Coverflow album image, it only loads one file. Whatever the format of the material, it can be wav, flac, ape, etc. he sees only this one, not the others, though they are there.

The second and third images show the other problem, the left pane shows the album cover in the library (folder.jpg), while Coverflow always shows a different one. Each file is tagged with the album cover image from which the file originates, as it is a compilation album.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be?