Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: soundcard to create music (Read 2453 times) previous topic - next topic

soundcard to create music

Hi all,
I create music with fruityloops...
I only use this program now (I'm a beginner) and nothing else (no keyboard, no external device...).
I've a c-media 5.1 integrated soundcard and a HP9500 cd-burner.
My problem is:
When I convert a song (flp file) to a wav file (pcm, 44100Hz, 2 channels, 16 bits)
and listen the song on my pc, the sound is great...
But when i burn the wav file to an audio-CD the result is a crappy basssound, a part of the medium and the high frequencies disappears...
What soundcard should i use to resolve this problem?
I think M-audio soundcard could be the one i need but i can't find it in Europe (Brusssels Belgium)...

Thx.

Vervin.

Reply #1
Burning an audio CD does not use your soundcard ! The sound depends on the medium you burned and the playback system reading the CD.
You should get the same sound from the wave file before burning, and from the digitally extracted one from the CD you made... unless the medium being really crappy (or the CD writter).

Reply #2
Ciao..

what are you doing !!
if you making a wav within the puter..
and burn it..
if your not comlicating the prosess..
what have the soundcard have to do with it ?

the only thing i can think of.. is that you have
(from what you write)
connected the HP. to the soundcard.. !!?
why.. 
anyway this sems like a burning app. foult..

Reply #3
[/QUOTE] Burning an audio CD does not use your soundcard 

That's what i think...

But when i make a copy of an audio-CD, the copy is  like the original (i can't hear any difference)...
And when i burn the .wav i created, the audio-CD is a shit...
However the burning process is the same(.cda>.wav>.cda in the first case and .wav>.cda in the second situation ), the medium to read and burn are the same, the software used to burn are the same ( cloneCD
or nero / speed1x )...
That's why i was disappointed and ask this question... 
I'm gonna try EAC,
and after that buy a plextor burner...
Can't understand WTF is goin on...
Thx for replying to this strange/stupid question.

Reply #4
...And i didn't connect my burner to the soundcard, n68 

Vervin.

Reply #5
I think you are doing things ok.

You should try listening to the mixes with good cans or in monitors
The output of Pc speakers (even those labelled Hi-Fi) is in most cases inferior.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."