Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how do i rename files on the hd (Read 1983 times) previous topic - next topic

how do i rename files on the hd

how do i rename files on the hard disk using the title field in foobar? The name changes in foobar but not on the hard disk.
I use Columns UI

Reply #1
This is not done automatically, but only on user request using the File Operations context menu.

Reply #2
Ok, I read through that link. I Couldn't find the answer. I would like to just click the title field in the play list, then type in the name and have foobar change both the play list name and the filename. I had this working in a precious foobar setup I just can't remember how I did it. Any help is much appreciated.
I use Columns UI

Reply #3
1. Select the files you want to rename
2. Right-click on them to bring up the context menu
3. Go to "File Operations> Rename to..."
4. In the dialog that opens, select the rename pattern you want or input your own
5. Click "Run"

As far as I know, there is no option/component to alter a tag which would automatically rename the file according to that tag. I don't think you'd find much demand for such a feature even if it were an option.

Reply #4
1. Select the files you want to rename
2. Right-click on them to bring up the context menu
3. Go to "File Operations> Rename to..."
4. In the dialog that opens, select the rename pattern you want or input your own
5. Click "Run"

As far as I know, there is no option/component to alter a tag which would automatically rename the file according to that tag. I don't think you'd find much demand for such a feature even if it were an option.

Thanks for the answer. I often have to rename hundreds files at a time, each file has to be named after what the file sounds like, so there is no predictable pattern to the naming. A featue like that would be extremely helpfull to me. Anyways, is it possible to somehow cut down on the amount of clicks to get to the renaming?
I use Columns UI

Reply #5
Keyboard shortcut

Reply #6
Ok got that working now, Is it possible to perform this operation after the file has just been played? atm I'm getting the "failed: file is already in use" error. I can only perform this operation if I start playing the next file then go back and rename the previous file.
I use Columns UI