Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 141638 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #150
If it is possible to store a GUID, why not store the DSP name too?

Reply #152
Adding names requires the original components to exist already, and requires a change to the configuration format.

Even creating an online database of GUIDs to components requires someone to locate the original component and install it.

Reply #153
Execuse me, I think, we're not talking about the same thing here. At least for this:
Adding names requires the original components to exist already

I'm trying to make it more clear:

When installing/adding a DSP the first time to foobar2000, a DSP (or components) name is available and that name can (and should, for the users sake of finding the DSP, when the DSP disapears whyever, IMHO) be stored anywhere in foobar2000's configuration. Preferably next to the place, where the GUID is stored which is shown in my screenshot. That should be no magic, because the DSP has a name. Look here for all the nice names in the Name column. May it the components name, or the name, the component chooses to have in the foobar2000's preferences window. No matter what name, anything is better readable than this crazy GUId, nobody can indentify something to search for.

And you're right, it needs someone to do it :-)
Thats why I wrote and ask here for someone to do it someday.

Reply #154
In Files Properties->Tools->Automaticly fill Values. (of f2k 1.5b7)

1)
Automaticly Fill Values Window does not remember column width of File Name in Preview pane, if you start the window.
User has always to adjust it.
It would be useful, if -on first start- Fine Name Column would autoresize to the length of the filenames.
(see screenshot: no autoresizing on first start.png)

2)
(Please see the attached animated GIF vor video of behaviour)
Column width and Auto Capitalization is lost when changing the pattern. Very time consuming on long filelists, like >50 items.

Lost autocapitalization is kind of accecptable, because there is no button to switch it On or Off (a checkbox for autocapitalization would be nice to have),
but the lost column with is very inconvenient.

Please make it more userfriendly :-)

3)
Load/Save Pattern as Presets would be nice to have. (like in Masstagger component)

Now, only 10 last presets, are shown and unfortunately, if you not press OK, but cancel (because you need to change some other things first), the typed pattern is lost, not saved.

4)
An additional button for Clean Up would also be very useful for trimming whitespaces from beginning/end of newly created tags.
(but its already in the fileproperties window, when you right-click on a tag)

Reply #155
Hi there

I am AK users
AK update recently and support Foobar2000 now

I enjoy playing my songs in Album Shuffle way
But every time I switch off my portable device, the Album Shuffle generated playlist disappear
And I have to re-generate a new playlist in order to enjoy the Album Shuffle

In this case, some of my songs will never be played

I want to continue playing that particular Album Shuffle generated playlist

And hence, I hope the following new update
"The Album Shuffle generated playlist can be saved"

Thank you

Reply #156
Hi, I did not want to start a new thread for this as I'm likely the only person in the world who even cares. :P

My suggestion is please allow the installer to point to drive A:\.

Yes, I have a drive A and the installer won't let me enter that drive letter. :/

(no, it is not a floppy drive)

Reply #157
Please add a slightly visual improvment and behave like "windows standard" (win7 at last) to the colors of the Checkboxes in

Preferences: Context Menu

Please changed the checkbox-color of mixed checked subfolders light grey (or whatever color) instead of full blue, which "means": all subfolders are fully checked.

Users then can instantly see that not all checkboxes inside a subfolder are checked.

If the top-folder checkbox is blue (aka fully checked), one might think "OK, everything inside this folder is checked and I don't need to change something".
But in this case (see screenshots) not all checkboxes are checked, so it leads to confusion about contextmenu entries.

Reply #158
+1

Reply #159
Love me some foobar,
my request is to have the spectrum display like 10hz to 22khz, and maybe some vertical labels on it?
right now it I dont know maybe stops at 16khz?
yeah maybe goes higher than that but I cant tell because its not labeled....
yes i can play it back in cool edit pro but I would rather use foobar.
something like the frequency analysis seen in cool edit...
thanks ;)

Reply #160
Love me some foobar,
my request is to have the spectrum display like 10hz to 22khz, and maybe some vertical labels on it?
thanks ;)

Try Musical Spectrum component
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #161
Love me some foobar,
thanks ;)

In addition to Vicas's suggestion, take a look at foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer ( follow link in thread's last post for newer versions): https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,115911.0.html

Reply #162
I posted this in the "Development forum" because I didn't see this thread. So,here we go again...

Hi.

I have a wish for v1.5 and the song properties rework: show picture size (padding) and, when removing from FLAC file, show a warning:

You are going to remove W album art from X FLAC files of Y KB each.
If you do not re-encode the file, the padding use to integrate the file into the FLAC will remain.
Foobar2000 can re-encode the file to remove the padding. Removing the padding will save Z KB total.

[ ] Do not show again - Foobar2000 will do the selected action for future removals.
* Cancel action
* Remove padding from files
* Keep padding

At the opposite, we must inform users that inserting images in FLAC files will increase padding but most (if not all) software won't remove said padding if the file is not re-encoded.
You are about to embed pictures into FLAC files.
Please consider that, if you are to remove them or replacing them with smaller artwork in the future, that the space added into the file in order to insert the image isn't automatically removed, like with MP3s, until the file is re-encoded. You can use the Song Properties again and remove the artwork and ask to remove the padding here in Foobar2000. However, keep in mind that, if you remove it with another software that the image will be gone but not the padding.

[ ] Do not show again
* Proceed.
* Cancel.

Additionally, the default option can be set in the options if the messages have been set to do not be shown.

I really want this to happen and raise awareness of this weakness of the FLAC format. Not a lot of people know about this.

The only downside to having to re-encode the file, it's that the next time writing tags will be slow but the next sub-sequent writes will return to fast. Oh and, make the padding size CLEAR and VISISBLE under he picture. Not a line in the extended info dialogue. Bonus points if Foobar2000 detects padding but no pictures, a "remove padding" option appears if the size is larger than a user-defined size (default could be 25KB). The padding can be shown for other format but is less important than FLAC files as the padding is removed when the picture is removed.

Cheers.

EDIT:
I've just seen a screenshot of the new dialog. One thing's for sure, the size is clearly displayed! Nice. Now, to know if the rest of wishes can come true.

Reply #163
I posted this in the "Development forum" because I didn't see this thread. So,here we go again...

Lebon14: yes it would be great if Foobar would remove padding during artwork removal in FLAC as just a DEFAULT action, then no need for the warning dialogs.  Until then, you can use Run Services to call external taggers "TagScanner" or "Kid3", both of which will do this (not Mp3tag).  TagScanner requires you select that action in "Options", Kid3 will do it by default if its OggFlacMetadata plugin is given priority.

Reply #164
If we're adding a wishlist for 1.5, how about making the layout infinitely more customizable by adding "split horizontally" and "split vertically" to the layout editing? Then I could actually add a media library search window to the right of the playlist, instead of stuck unloved in a tab, and a few other panels here and there. Also, perhaps a text foobar theme file format, so at the very least we can customize them that way? It's always been a pain point that it's an undocumented binary format, so you need a janky third-party plugin to work around what Columns almost certainly natively supports internally.

Reply #165
Until then, you can use Run Services to call external taggers [...]
@Lebon14 @sveakul
RE: removing excess padding, foobar can do that. (Hold shift key > right-click tracks > Utilities > Optimize file layout + minimize file size)

Reply #166
Double click on a playlist in the default playlist manager makes the playlist automatically activate and play songs from the playlist.
I have to use the default playlist manager because the plorg_dll plugin is buggy under wine on linux. I wish we would have more functions of that plugin in the original playlist manager. But the double click and play should be default or at least an option imho.

Although I don't think this will be ever implemented, but I suggest also tree view with customizable playlist folders for the pl. manager. That would be probably more comlplicated to implement as the double click thing.

Edit: A playlist revive option would be nice too.

Reply #167
Maybe it could be implemented in a new version 1.5 "Checking if Embedded Artwork is present"
Here is a topic

Reply #168
Recently I've encountered a number of .wav files that literally any other player could play, except Foobar. Turned out, those were actually mp3s with wrong extensions (extracted from a game, so that probably made some sense from a technical standpoint). And Foobar IS able to pick up the file structure from the file itself, it can be demonstrated by removing the extension entirely. It just doesn't bother to double-check even if there's a playback error. A feature that seems to be present in any other software, so maybe Foobar should get it too.

Embed CUEsheet in mp3 files (the same way as in FLACs)

Reply #169
Ability to embed CUE sheet in MP3 files (the same way as in FLACs)

I found this several times requested over the years and there are pro and contra votes, but this feature would be useful, so I wish for it.

2004 Topic: mp3 with embedded cuesheet (Read 10538 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,28167.0.html
2004 Topic: Embedded cue-sheet in APEv2 tag in foo_input_std? (Read 5322 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,22852.0.html
2008 Topic: embed CUE into MP3 image (Read 5460 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,62065.0.html
2008 Topic: CUE sheets and MP3 (Read 4876 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,45113.0.html
2011 Topic: Feature Request: Embedded Cuesheet in mp3 (Read 1783 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,89400.0.html

Reply #170
This comment is not a wish for the application, but a wish for the ones who contributed in the development process of this great application: God bless you guys, I love you :)

Yes this must the least useful comment has ever posted for this thread, and I'd have no hard feelings if moderators delete this post.. Keep up the good work.

Reply #171
Ability to embed CUE sheet in MP3 files (the same way as in FLACs)

I found this several times requested over the years and there are pro and contra votes, but this feature would be useful, so I wish for it.

2004 Topic: mp3 with embedded cuesheet (Read 10538 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,28167.0.html
2004 Topic: Embedded cue-sheet in APEv2 tag in foo_input_std? (Read 5322 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,22852.0.html
2008 Topic: embed CUE into MP3 image (Read 5460 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,62065.0.html
2008 Topic: CUE sheets and MP3 (Read 4876 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,45113.0.html
2011 Topic: Feature Request: Embedded Cuesheet in mp3 (Read 1783 times) https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,89400.0.html

And finally:
2019 : sheet happens.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,117898.msg975134.html#msg975134
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #172
Please add the ability to display vertical columns border lines for the Default UI playlist.
This improves the visual perception of the playlist, especially when many columns are displayed.
Thank you!

Reply #173
Make it easier to see where errors are in an extremely long information report when batch attaching pictures.

I used Tagging > Batch attach pictures on 50,000+ mp3 files and the error report produced said at the top "There were errors." I don't even know what sort of text to search for in the log to determine which tracks produced errors, so I'm forced to randomly scroll through until I notice something suspect.

It could be useful to list certain terms/keywords to search for in the log, so at least I get an idea of what an error message could look like?

(Or maybe this is all listed somewhere and I just don't know where. In that case, it could be good to include this info in the information report.)

Reply #174
+1
Make it easier to see where errors are in an extremely long information report when batch attaching pictures.

I used Tagging > Batch attach pictures on 50,000+ mp3
[....]
(Or maybe this is all listed somewhere and I just don't know where. In that case, it could be good to include this info in the information report.)
Unfortunately nope, => https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=116699.msg963203

The new status feedback is very cumbersome and almost too inconvenient to use.

Some of the (new) disadvantages:

-You can't search.
-You need to copy the whole text inside a text editor to have an idea of whats going on.
-There is no option to autoclose the window if NO error occoured.
-The status information does not differ about "real" errors (i.e. file corrupt or unwritable) or warnings (no file to attach found). It just always is alarming you, which only leads to ignore all the information given.

It could be a lot more convenient/usefull, if:

-The output was a table, giving options to sort for the different errors.
-we had a button to "only show warnings" or "only show errors", to exclude the inessential information about all files which hat no problem.
-maybe highlight errors in red and no errors in green and warnings in yellow.
-there was an option to search the text.
-there was an option [ x ] autoclose window, if all runs fine!

My 2 cents....