Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DVD to WMV9 with WMA9Pro 5.1 Multichannel Audio (Read 29467 times) previous topic - next topic

DVD to WMV9 with WMA9Pro 5.1 Multichannel Audio

Reply #50
@t.g.deck, I am very glad that you have a neutral attitude towards WMV. That's the way it should be my friend. 

I am the same like you. I can't also wait till XviD 1.0 Final comes out. Reading every post in Doom9's official XviD new releases threads. I am very keen in trying all these other implementations of MPEG4. I have ignored DivX because, XviD is always better than DivX.

I tried 3ivX D4 4.5.1 with 5.1 OGG Audio this week. I was very impressed at the speeds. 109 frames per second was the encoding speed of 3ivX. Was able to encode a whole 90 mins movie in 23 minutes! Unfortunately I haven't still been able to watch it since I haven't got the direct show filters for matroska installed properly.

I have already tried ND-MPEG4 with MPEG4 Audio in Nero Recode. There was an obvious difference in quality. I think it is sacrificing quality for its impressive speed.

I haven't been able to try RV10 or RV9 since there are official open direct show filters. I am not much experienced in RealVideo, and I need to research a bit more.

Reply #51
Audio 2.0
Chanel right and left with full coupling: x Kbps

Audio 5.1
Chanel front right and front left with full coupling: ~x Kbps
Chanel rear right and rear left with full coupling: ~x Kbps
Chanel center: good average compressibility frame (voice)  ~x/2 Kbps
Chanel LFE: very good average compressibility frame ~x/10 Kbps maxi for example

With the same quality level the equivalence for bitrate with x Kbps for 2.0 is ~ 2.5*x Kbps for 5.1 ...

For AC3
5.1 448 Kbps ~ 2.0 192 Kbps

For WMV9 pro
5.1 192 Kbps ~ 2.0 80 Kbps

For movie (audio frame generaly with good average compressibility) WMV9 pro 5.1 192 Kbps ABR 2 pass is a very good bitrate ...

Reply #52
here little sample (30 sec) demo:

Trailer Home of the Range:
- video WMV9 Pro 720*400 1350 Kbps
- audio WMA9 Pro 5.1 165 Kbps

Reply #53
here little sample (30 sec) demo:

Trailer Home of the Range:
- video WMV9 Pro 720*400 1350 Kbps
- audio WMA9 Pro 5.1 165 Kbps
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=232733"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check www.microsoftusernetwork.com/zarax for other tutorials.

Reply #54
Got this feedback from a member at MSUN...

Ac3 of DVD more recent is codified with 24 bit, i read.

Besweet can convert this AC3 into six wave files... but these new wave files are converted in 16 bit!
the original quality, them is lost!

...and unfortunately it is actually true.

Therefore 3 guides were merged by filtering out their weaknesses and a Single guide was introduced.