Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not recognizing metadata from official release CD (Read 2116 times) previous topic - next topic

Not recognizing metadata from official release CD

I'm not an engineer so go easy on me.  After inserting disc no tagging is applied.

Also, I have Windows 7 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make Foobar the default player.  I've know how with other programs up until now. 

Thanks for your help.  -G

Reply #1
... and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make Foobar the default player...

File > Preferences > Shell Integration > Manage file type associations
and "Set as the default Audio CD Player", if you want...

Reply #2
Just installed 1.1.11
Did you also install the optional freedb tagger?

Reply #3
... and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make Foobar the default player...

File > Preferences > Shell Integration > Manage file type associations
and "Set as the default Audio CD Player", if you want...

Looks like it's set as a default...or a grey check.  Not happening though.  Thanks anyway.

Reply #4
Just installed 1.1.11
Did you also install the optional freedb tagger?

I didn't see the option during installation and I've searched Foobar for it.  Thanks for your help.

Reply #6
It’s only available as a bundled plugin. You can run the installer again and add it, with no risk of losing anything you’ve saved since you initially installed.

You made my day.  That was so easy.  While it's set as my default player, it still doesn't fire up when throw in the CD and worse I have to manually request tagging.  I'll keep reading.  Thanks again.