Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC where are track names stored? (Read 9102 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC where are track names stored?

Please help guys.

I have ripped a few hundred CDs in EAC, most of which I have either had to edit incorrect track info obtained from freedb or enter all of it manually because the cd was unknown.

Whenever I have re-ripped a CD, EAC has remembered the edited info I have typed in myself, so I presume this is stored somewhere on the machine.
Where is this information stored???

I just got a new PC and before I got rid of the old one, I saved the entire folder 'C/Program Files/Exact Audio Copy', thinking that there was a database file somewhere in there and that I could import it into my clean install on my new machine. But I cannot work out what/where the file is.

Does anyone know?
Thanks very much!

Reply #1
There is a CDDB.dat in your Exact Audio Copy folder (usually C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\. Copying this file to the new machine should do the trick. Or you could do Database -> Import Database... on the new machine if you have already entries on your new computer that you don't want to be overwritten.

Reply #2
There is a CDDB.dat in your Exact Audio Copy folder (usually C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\. Copying this file to the new machine should do the trick. Or you could do Database -> Import Database... on the new machine if you have already entries on your new computer that you don't want to be overwritten.

Many thanks for your reply. I cannot find that file and I have looked both on the old program file folder which I backed up, and the program file folder of my new install.

There are 5 folders: CDRDAO; Documentation;Flac;Languages and Microsoft.VC80.CRT
And the following files:
AccurateRip.dll
CheckLog
EAC
EAC.exe.manifest
FreeDB.dll
HelperFunctions.dll
Interop.HelperFunctionsLib.dll
Legal
News
sqlceca35.dll
sqlcecompact35.dll
sqlceoledb35.dll
sqlceqp35.dll
sqlcese35.dll
uninst
WMCmd

Reply #3
You didn't mention your EAC version, but EAC V1.0 uses a new database system. The new data file is CCDB.sdf . It is stored in %APPDATA%\EAC\

Reply #4
Definitely there on my PC (Windows XP), in the EAC folder. It's not a hidden file, but it might be hidden under other O/S (Vista or Win 7), so in Explorer try Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folders (or whatever the equivalent is under your O/S). Also, maybe under other O/S EAC stores CDDB.dat under your user profile - with XP there is a CDDB.sdf file under C:\Documents and Settings\<your_user_name>\Application Data\EAC, maybe under Vista and Win 7 it stores CDDB.dat there as well, under C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\EAC.

But the easiest way to resolve this in the future is to upload your edits back to your metada provider (Alt-U, or Database -> Submit CD Information To Metadata Provider), so they're available to you and everyone else in the future regardless of which machine you're on.

Edit: too slow!