Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Want to put FLAC files onto CD-R for the CD player. Confused. (Read 1921 times) previous topic - next topic

Want to put FLAC files onto CD-R for the CD player. Confused.

What is the easiest way to do this? I've read that you want to change the files to CD-DA format? Decode the FLACs into WAVs? I'm lost. I want to be able to put the music on the CD-R so it works universally on CD players.  I don't think you can edit back on CD-Rs, so I want to do it right the first time.

Re: Want to put FLAC files onto CD-R for the CD player. Confused.

Reply #1
Freeware only please if possible.

Reply #3
Personally I use ImgBurn and I usually make a Cue Sheet* but almost all CD burning applications can automatically convert any of the standard audio formats to audio CD (aka CDDA).

WAV always works and 16-bit, 44.1kHz, stereo uses the same underlying PCM format as audio CD.

Burning applications can also burn FLAC (or any "computer files") as a "data CD" so you have to make sure it's configured correctly.

I don't think you can edit back on CD-Rs, so I want to do it right the first time.
There are erasable/reusable CDs (CD-RW) but they are a bit more expensive and some players may have trouble with them.    (Some older CD players had trouble with any burned CDs.)   You could get a couple of CD-RW discs if you want to try them 1st, and they are reusable so it doesn't hurt to keep them around...

* I start with a known-good cue sheet and edit it with Windows Notepad.

Reply #4
You could have a look at CDBurnerXP

After launch, simply choose "Audio CD", drag your audio files in and you're ready to burn.

Reply #5
cdrtfe is 100% my choice outside of using foobar2000 like john33 suggested