Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shuffle (Albums) not working? (Read 2142 times) previous topic - next topic

Shuffle (Albums) not working?

hey all...I just got back into the scene of foobar once again after a long break and now I want to have my playback mode on Shuffle (albums) yet it is not working...I click on a song in a certain album, and after it ends it goes to the next song on the playlist.  It does not shuffle...

Is this a global problem? Or just me? Anyway to fix the problem?

Reply #1
Shuffle (albums) plays all tracks of one album in order, then all tracks of another album, and so on. It does not choose a track from a different album on track change - which you seem to expect. There are two options to define the behaviour at Preferences, Advanced:
  • "Album grouping pattern" determines how tracks are grouped into albums. All tracks in your playlist for which the specified expression matches are played before another group of tracks is chosen.
  • "Album sorting pattern" determines in which order the tracks of an album are played. Obviously, the default sorting behaviour incorporates the track number.

Reply #2
I thought it would shuffle within one album by default..

I just edited the Album sorting pattern

Thank you very much