Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Show commas instead of semicolon in Text Display (Read 2756 times) previous topic - next topic

Show commas instead of semicolon in Text Display

I was wondering, for Composer and Genre I noticed, even if I use semicolons to separate the tags, they display in Text Display with commas. However, any multi-value tags I create do not show commas, but semicolons, in Text Display. Is there a way to get it to show commas instead for custom multi-value tags?

Reply #1
$replace(A,B,C)
Replaces all occurrences of string B in string A with string C.

Reply #2
Your fields have not been written as multiple values but contain literal semicolons. Add them to the list of multivalue fields under preferences, advanced, display, properties dialog. This will only affect future tag changes; for existing files, open their properties and run "split values".

Reply #3
Your fields have not been written as multiple values but contain literal semicolons. Add them to the list of multivalue fields under preferences, advanced, display, properties dialog. This will only affect future tag changes; for existing files, open their properties and run "split values".

Thanks, I double checked and made sure I did this and it still will not work, but I'll try again and report back

Edit: I think I have found the issue to both of my recent posts on the forum. The files that aren't working for split values are both WMA files. I am going to search the forum for a connection and hope I find one. I notice all my other tags are split correctly. Even when I do what you say above, which I had already done, and strip the tags, the wma files still are not working....thanks so much