Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My wsh panel code (Read 55294 times) previous topic - next topic

My wsh panel code

Reply #100
Ok point taken. I admit I know of that problem for as long as I can remember, it stemmed from the fact that I copied your code and initializing differently than yours, thus a required variable wasn't initialized. But  I blamed it on it was over half midnight last night and I had a party before that . I'm a researcher in HPC and grid computing, we rarely care about these issues because we're most of the times also the end user. Heck this is my first time, writing that much js. For what it's worth I found a way to make it work like yours now from end user standpoint, in testing.

Also, I'm interested in what are the other problems you encounter when you came to the "shocking revelation" of nothing work before? A more descriptive comment will be very appreciated.

My wsh panel code

Reply #101
i've tried your fixed version and it seems to be working ok. one thing i've noticed is if you change last.fm accounts, the recent tracks and charts do update ok, but the name in the title does not (well not without a restart but i don't think that is acceptable as i mentioned above).

i suppose my real issue with the whole package and that's the requirement of having a "master" panel in your layout for everything else to work. i made all my scripts independent of each other but able to share last.fm credentials and update instantly to hopefully provide a seamless experience when using them. i think removing this functionality like you have is a backwards step.

admittedly, i haven't tried your lyrics (not interested) or scrobbler (foo_audioscrobbler is great) so i can't comment on those.

My wsh panel code

Reply #102
pack updated:

2011-01-29.1:
. Chart and Recent Track panels: Refresh panel titles when changing last.fm accounts
. Bio panel: Panel now acts like original marc2003's one when applying panel codes (no more gray out Update command when foobar is playing)
. Artist art panel: Some tweaks to work more seamlessly and friendly (auto refresh, on playback stop resets the panel to clean state so user can't access delete or open commands of previously played track artist)

Get it in the first post.

@marc:
I fixed the chart and recent track panel title issue thanks to you. As for why I chose to create a master panel: The reason was because when I started out, having a single file lastfm.js as library causing compiling taking longer and it does use more memory so I chose the centralize model with message passing to work around these two problems, work habit kicked in choosing efficiency over user friendly. I suppose I can split the lastfm functions out into their appropriate panels but considering how I use them and a lot have been using it ok (the download counter on mediafire is over 200), this is low priority for now.

About other stuffs, I myself do not use my lyrics panel, recent track and chart panels, they were simply written to learn how to code with wsh panel, wanted to improve lyrics panel with ability to auto-download lyrics for a while but I mainly listen to non-vocal stuff so it's low priority. The scrobbler started out as a proof concept to see how far I can go with last.fm api in wsh panels, in the end it's feature complete and now I use it instead of foo_audioscrobbler. Main advantage is I can skip scrobbling audiobooks, beside other advanced features. It was also written using the new last.fm api.

My wsh panel code

Reply #103
oh wow, right before i download the fixed version and you update it once again XD
thanks, will test it now

My wsh panel code

Reply #104
New release with some major changes:

2011-02-06:
. Master panel: a new panel that is the centre for last.fm functions and some others
. Master panel: new functions to download artist arts and resume on next foobar startup if foobar was closed during download operation
. Master panel: three state last.fm icon: gray - need username/API KEY; sepia - need secret key; red - everything's ok
. Master panel: external scripts folder is now created by the master panel script if it doesn't exist, user does not need to copy it on installation anymore
. Bio panel: now only a display panel
. Remove wget and any vbs external commands: no more unresponsive foobar when calling commands depended on these external program and scripts
. Settings, scrobble cache, and artist art download pool are now saved in wsh_settings under foobar profile folder so not to clog it up
. Some other tweaks and fixes that I can't remember...

[a href="http://www.imagebam.com/image/0cf2e2118560011" target="_blank"]

My wsh panel code

Reply #105
emmm...
Code: [Select]
WSH Panel Mod (Master panel): initialized in 12 ms
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Master panel): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object required
Ln: 394, Col: 5
<source text only available at compile time>

My wsh panel code

Reply #106
Forgot to mention, existing user should delete their old script folder , a new correct one will be created.

My wsh panel code

Reply #107
oh ok, ahaha
now it works fine, will let you know if anything bad happens, hopefully none D:
thanks as always thuan D:

My wsh panel code

Reply #108
Yesterday, I did a test by deleting my artist art cache and then juggle around my media library to test the new artist art retrieval code. After like around 40 artist arts downloaded, I see my foobar memory usage jumped from the normal 40MB to a "nice" 130MB, it seems like I turned foobar into an internet browser. Now with 8GB on my computer (4GB on my work computer), this is nothing that my computer can't handle but I find it unacceptable. Alas, making javascript code release object memories, specifically M$ ActiveX object memories, is something new to me and it took me a day with some frustration to hopefully rectify the issue. Memory usage still increases but at a rate far more slower than before. So here's a new release:

Changes:
2011-02-09:
. Artist art, bio, recent tracks, playing track info panels: Change the way they communicate with master panels, 50% less message passings
. Master panel: hopefully fixed the RAM usage issue
. Some other small tweaks...

My wsh panel code

Reply #109
i am getting this error when i try ti import lastfm_master.txt into the WSH Panel Mode:
"Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Master panel, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error)."

How can i fix it?

My wsh panel code

Reply #110
Have you disabled Safe mode in foobar Preferences->Tools->WSH Panel Mod. I always forget to include this in the readme.

My wsh panel code

Reply #111
Ok i did that, and i was able to import the master script. I was able to log in, and now the last.fm icon in the center of the panel is red. I told it to download artist art automatically but nothing is showing.
I am also using Columns UI with this. And i have not copied the folder "playcount index data sync" into the foobar directory. Could that be the problem?

My wsh panel code

Reply #112
You have to import another two panels for that, the lastfm_bio and lastfm_artistart panels. Remember to check Delay Load for both of them.

My wsh panel code

Reply #113
Ok looking good so far. The panel is showing last fm info. Now i would really like to configure this panel so i can have tabs in order to switch from biography, charts and pictures (the same way as your configuration).  Anyway to do that?

My wsh panel code

Reply #114
In Column UI config, there's a tab called Layout to add Tabs UI element then you add my panels under. Exactly how to do that, I forgot as I haven't used CUI for a long time, you better ask in the appropriate thread for this, but search first as this information should be already answered.

My wsh panel code

Reply #115
I just had to add a Tab stack, and i was able to do what i wanted.
Thanks!

My wsh panel code

Reply #116
Changes:
2011-03-05:
. Master panel: fix a crash because of wrong logic when loading proxy setting
. Master panel: simplify the way this panel store and read config
. Master panel: fix a stuck when biography cache is out of date with refresh artist art enabled
. Master panel: change timeout time to 30secs
. Misc changes...

Installation instructions:
1. foobar2000 Preferences -> WSH Panel Mod -> Uncheck Safe mode
2. Import lastfm_master panel (this panel must be present for everything else to work)
3. Import any other panel you like into your theme. Remember to check Delay Load for every one of them
4. (Optional) If user uses playback info sync (between computers) feature with winscp, put upload.bat inside a folder included in your PATH environment variable, a download.bat and a Vista/7 schedule task xml are also provided. You need to modify them to work under your environment

Existing user information for updating:
. Turn off foobar
. Copy wsh_lfm_scrobble_cache.txt and wsh_dl_aa_pool.txt files from inside wsh_settings inside your foobar2000 Profile folder to foobar2000 Profile folder if they exist
. Start foobar and load up my new panels, do not start playback
. You need to enter your authentication information again (I'm sorry about this, this is the last time, read reason next paragraph)
. Delete wsh_settings folder inside foobar2000 profile folder
. Enjoy

This is likely the final version unless I definitely need to change something. I have ironed out any known quirks. Currently, I don't have enough spare time to do anything major for this.

My wsh panel code

Reply #117
hooo
final version eh, thanks for the updates

My wsh panel code

Reply #118
Your panels kickass. Thank you.
In the province of the mind, there are no limits.

My wsh panel code

Reply #119
And thanks for reviving my thread from its deep slumber. I have made quite a few updates to my panels in my setup for better stability, compatibility with WSH 1.5.0 and some new small features, so I might make a post-final release sometime later.

My wsh panel code

Reply #120
Please do post the new versions! I am using it and really look forward to adapted scripts!

My wsh panel code

Reply #121
Post-final release changes:
2011-12-11:
. Master, artist art, bio and playing track info panels updated to work with WSH Panel Mod 1.5.0
. Playing track info panel: Trackprogress bar tooltip
. Various stability fixes and might be some small features added that I can't remember

You will need WSH Panel Mod 1.5.0 for this release. Download at link in OP. I renamed the old release to lastfm_me_pak_old.zip.

In case something funky happens, just delete the scripts folder inside your foobar configuration directory, typically under %appdata%\foobar2000 and restart foobar2000

My wsh panel code

Reply #122
Yesssss!! Thank you!!!

My wsh panel code

Reply #123
I can't, for the life of me, figure out what to put in for the last.fm secret!? It's driving me crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

My wsh panel code

Reply #124
I can't, for the life of me, figure out what to put in for the last.fm secret!? It's driving me crazy. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

...Found it....Sorry