Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Collecting ideas for a free, perfect hashing tool (Read 17984 times) previous topic - next topic

Collecting ideas for a free, perfect hashing tool

Reply #25
huh, maybe it is not mentioned above 'basic testing cmd version', but still something isn't it ?
screen1
screen2
screen3

Reply #27
What a pitty that sn0wman hasn't released his project yet. In the meantime here's another hint for all you guys searching like me:

You can use mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) and create an individual export function using %_md5audio% to calculate an MD5-Hash of the audio part of the files only. There should also be a way to get this hash into a tag field if desired using mp3tag. The program is extremely flexible. I am using these audio hashes to check whether to files with different tags and filenames contain the same audio (duplicate search).

Reply #28
My personal favourite algorithm is sha512. will never run out in the history of the world, collisions are unlikely, and it's damn fast.
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #29
tell me in the meantime please, what md5 (svf etc) programs are you using mostly. i need to know their logs' format.

Reply #30
FSUM (command line) and QuickSFV (Explorer context menu).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #31
the ability to calculate a hash of audio files that applies only to the audio part.

I second that. mp3Tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/)  is able to do that. Also, maybe you could base your tool on md5summer (http://www.md5summer.org/). It's small program I like, but it hasn't been updated for quite some time.
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #32
It's small program

you are so right. i have looked on md5summer, it is small indeed. and thats why it takes me so long with audiohash, cause it is not small.i keep on working. believe me, the final result should be worth waiting. except for the ones who are waiting for linux version ;(.

still waiting for some exotics log formats !

Reply #33
Sad to see this never get released. That's why things are released incrementally, so when you finally call it quits the work isn't lost.

I kind of expected this from the start. Would've been Nice.

Reply #34
How long are you coming with your utility?