Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My Columns UI config · FooSune (Read 189857 times) previous topic - next topic

My Columns UI config · FooSune

Reply #75
Hi everybody,

I love this config and i have a little question.

someone knows how to hide .ape files ?

Reply #76
Great config, but I do have a question/request: is there anyway for me to use the Explorer Tree in the left pane? I never was a big fan of preorganized playlists and prefer working with folders.

Reply #77
it uses 50k here, i've seen it go to 80k one time, i don't know why.

Reply #78
After all I removed, it runs on average at 40-50mb memory usage.  Not bad at all!

Reply #79
sune, thank you very much for your configuration !!
I am using it now and everything works as it should work.
I tried many configs and yours is the first I really like. It's very handy (especially the artist, album and year browser), looks great and it's not bloated. It's exactly what I was searching for.
Also thanks for fixing the issue with group headers not showing when there is only one track inside the group.
I have one little question. I have my music collection in the Flac format. When playing the flac files, the group header shows FLAC, a question mark and the bitrate (for example FLAC ? 762). Is it possible to change it so that it shows VBR instead of a question mark or that it just shows only FLAC and bitrate?
Also the shown bitrate is the average bitrate for the first song only. Is it possible that it shows the average bitrate for the complete album?

Thanks again very much.

Reply #80
Actually I figured that fooBrowser takes a lot of resources and is quite unstable. The Filter-function of columnsUI seems to do a much better job. Actually when you fiddle around with the config a little bit it doesn't look that bad at all. The implemented titlebar in the filter-panel is also quite useful because you can easily switch the filter-functions by clicking on it.. Maybe you give it another try, fooSune ?

Reply #81
hi,

I would like to know, how can I save my settings for the appearance permanently. I.e when I switch off the peak meter, after a restart of foobar, it is active again. This happens to panel changes too.

Also I have a problem playing the music directly from the browser. It follows the correct sequence playing a album for a while, but suddenly it switches to another album...how can I fix that?

regards

Reply #82
hi,

I would like to know, how can I save my settings for the appearance permanently. I.e when I switch off the peak meter, after a restart of foobar, it is active again. This happens to panel changes too.

I don't know if there is an easier way but you could change some settings in the columnsUI layout. When you click the upper most panel stack splitter all elements of the interface are listed. Some have the "hide at startup" checkbox active. They define which panels are shown at startup and which aren't. Changing the checkboxes should do the trick..

Though it would be brilliant if the skin was able to save the panels-config into a settings file or something like that..

Reply #83
Hey guys, I've just configured FooSune but I've this problem:

The button bar is not completely viewable... any info please?

Reply #84
Hey guys, I've just configured FooSune but I've this problem:

The button bar is not completely viewable... any info please?

on that i can help you. its easy. see first post (installation guide):

At the bottom of the playlist you have the playlist tabs. They have to be in onle line only. If you see something strange with the tabs go to preferences > columns ui > playlist switcher and uncheck multilines tabs. To the left of the tabs there is a little dot. It's a button for changing from playlist tabs, to a playlist dropdown, or to remove the whole bar.

hi,

I don't know if there is an easier way but you could change some settings in the columnsUI layout. When you click the upper most panel stack splitter all elements of the interface are listed. Some have the "hide at startup" checkbox active. They define which panels are shown at startup and which aren't. Changing the checkboxes should do the trick..

Though it would be brilliant if the skin was able to save the panels-config into a settings file or something like that..

thx will try that!

Reply #85
@xuxo:

thank you for reply, but I've this problem when I double click in ever mp3 directly from a windows folder and my foobar open with this layout:

As you can see, there is no button, but If I launch foobar and I load mp3 after opening, the layout is ok, why?

Reply #86
@xuxo:

thank you for reply, but I've this problem when I double click in ever mp3 directly from a windows folder and my foobar open with this layout:

As you can see, there is no button, but If I launch foobar and I load mp3 after opening, the layout is ok, why?

hm, i know that problem. but here ends my know how....
i have the same issue here.

Reply #87
hm, i know that problem. but here ends my know how....
i have the same issue here.

Isn't it just a graphics card problem? I think after minimizing and maximing again everything looks okay or not? Did you try other configs with Panel Stacker?

Info to FooSune: The new ELPlaylist version now supports the core artwork viewer. Means instead of the %_art_path_% variable you can now use %path%,artreader. Would be cool if you integrated that new funtion in your config..

Reply #88
I've updated my mini mode for this config:

Reply #89
Sune, you made a fantastic config. thanks for all your efforts.

I'm used to panelsUI, but ElPlaylist is great.
I'm trying (without success) to group my albums by Folder, but sort the whole playlist by Artist|Date|disc number|tracknumber. Can someone hint please?

Cheers much,
a

Reply #90
question about the "Info" button which is available in the bottom.

the following code in the track mod info:

$button(158,16,0,0,27,20,images\FooSune/BUTTONS\fileinfo.png,images\FooSune/BUTTONS\fileinfo_over.png,Properties,)

this one works not for multiple selcted tracks...
what is the correct command for multiple selections?

best regards.

Reply #91
Hi, I've got question: is there any way to use Artist Image instead of Album Art in the left-side column?

Reply #92
I wonder If I can run this config separate from another Colums UI config.

I use ibiza from Falstaff/Br3tt and I don't want to mess it up when I moderate the colors for this one.

Reply #93
hi,
great config!

one question thou, can i somehow insert the Facets plug-in in there (let's say instead of the Browse Panel)?

reg,
crush

Reply #94
hi,
great config!

one question thou, can i somehow insert the Facets plug-in in there (let's say instead of the Browse Panel)?

reg,
crush

Facets is for the defaultUI only.. but what's the advantage of it? Browser plugin or filter function of ColumnUI does the same or not?

Reply #95

hi,
great config!

reg,
crush

Facets is for the defaultUI only.. but what's the advantage of it? Browser plugin or filter function of ColumnUI does the same or not?

Thanks for the fast response.

Well, my files have multiple entries in the Genre tag (e.g.: rock; hard rock; alternative rock) and browser plug in doesn't seem to understand multiple entries. It displays all the different entries as a different genre (big mess).

Does anyone know how to make this (browser) plug-in understand multiple entries?

reg,
crush

edit: oh, now I noticed the Filter function and it does understand multiple entries. Now I have to figure a way to replace a panel with this (n00b)

thx

Reply #96
How can I adjust it, that I have just the interpret in the titlebar and and the albums in a sub-group? - It looks ugly if I have 12 times the same interpret in a row.

I appreciate every help 

Reply #97
Thank you very much for this beautiful config, just what I needed!

Reply #98
Another thank you post 

Now that I've replaced the Album List panel with Playlist Tree Mod I'm as happy as Larry.

Reply #99
Thank you sune for the nice config! I'm really enjoying it.

If possible, I would like to second (or third, whatever) the addition of track ratings to the config, thanks!