Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for asp.net web host (Read 2807 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for asp.net web host

hello

i am looking for a web host with full asp.net pages support.  i am not too bothered about the storage space, the bandwidth, does not matter if it has database support etc etc. it just has to have full support for asp.net. and it must be very cheap.

any suggestions?

Reply #2
Thanks

I'm already with them, I was looking for something less expensive.

Ax

Reply #3
I thought they still had free hosting. I signed up with them years ago for free space, but I upgraded to the paid service a few years ago. I just looked at the site and didn't see the free space available any more.

Try doing a search on http://www.freewebspace.net
--
Eric

Reply #4
Kinda irrelevant to the thread question:

What does one need to get started with ASP?
I have some experience with java servlets and
jsps, and would like to check out some competing
web technologies.

Do I need Visual Studio .NET?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #5
Kinda irrelevant to the thread question:

What does one need to get started with ASP?
I have some experience with java servlets and
jsps, and would like to check out some competing
web technologies.

Do I need Visual Studio .NET?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check out Coding4Fun @ [a href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/]http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/[/url] under the web coder section. They now have a lot of free applications for us tinkerbots to try so they might keep up with that 'other software' that we might use.
--
Eric

Reply #6
tev777 - they do have free hosting.  its at the bottom of their website known as a student or eductional account.  the free version does support asp.net, but i need it to support asp.net with codebehind.

yourtallness - to use asp.net, you can do it with nothing but notepad and thei .net compiler.  this is not the fastest way to make the applications.  they have some free stuff like webmatrix etc but that is kind of crap.  but the best is vs.net 2003 but is expensive.  vs.net 2005 is still in beta testing.  you can download vs.net 2005 beta express for free!  which is not that bad.

Reply #7
Thanks AlexanderTG

I definitely need a .NET runtime environment though, right?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #8
Yes you are right.  The runtime environment is the .net framework.  Apparently some people are trying to get it to work on linux, and I think its called mono.