Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Easy-to-use audio CD image creator + burner (Read 17849 times) previous topic - next topic

Easy-to-use audio CD image creator + burner

Reply #50
> CDBurnerXP fails to read the Title and Artist/Performer.

Update: this is fixed on V4.4.1.3243, tested with WAV and CUE file pair.

> Can you suggest any other straight-install (ideally portable) burner that works with .FLAC having embedded cue sheet?

But still CDBurnerXP does not support .FLAC having embedded cue sheet.

Reply #51
Extract the cue sheet after the image is created.

If flac is a problem then use a compressed format that is easily decompressed by the recipient with a simple GUI.

Reply #52
1. Give them a folder containing the individual WMAL files* and an M3U. (just make sure the M3U has relative file path)
2. They drag-n-drop the M3U into CDBurnerXP's audio compilation window.
3. They click on Disc >> CD-Text. They type a disc title.
4. They burn the disc.

*If not compatible with WMAL, convert to FLAC

Reply #53
>> Except for the snag of blank album TITLE (presumably because my tracks are from different albums). I see no way in Convert to set it e.g. to the playlist name, or a literal string. CUEtools offers no option I can see to retouch the sheet. Can you suggest a fix/workaround?

> Extract the cue sheet after the image is created.

Can you suggest a program that will extract the cue sheet for my editing, then re-embed it in the FLAC, replacing the original?

Or even better, a cue sheet editor that will work on FLAC with embedded cue sheet?

Reply #54
So you actually want an embedded cue sheet even though it appears you aren't satisfied with a burning solution that supports it?

As far as extracting it, I suppose you should try the same program that embedded it.  Otherwise, try mp3tag.

Funny how inconvenient convenience can be.

Reply #55
a cue sheet editor that will owrk on FLAC with embedded cue sheet?

foobar2000 : Context menu >> Utilities >> Edit Cuesheet

Reply #56
So you actually want an embedded cue sheet

Correct.

even though it appears you aren't satisfied with a burning solution that supports it?

Incorrect.

As far as extracting it, I suppose you should try the same program that embedded it.

The same program was fooobar2000 and that fails to reembed, apparently due to the same problem found by others e.g. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=69633

Otherwise, try mp3tag.

Thanks, but that would be a waste of time since Mp3tag does not and has never supported cue sheets embedded in FLACs created by foobar 2000. The best it would allow is for me to hack the FLAC tags directly.

Reply #57
1. Give them a folder containing the individual WMAL files* and an M3U. (just make sure the M3U has relative file path)
2. They drag-n-drop the M3U into CDBurnerXP's audio compilation window.
Thanks trout but that doesn't give them the CD-TEXT - hence that I asked for an audio CD image.

Reply #58
a cue sheet editor that will owrk on FLAC with embedded cue sheet?

foobar2000 : Context menu >> Utilities >> Edit Cuesheet
Thanks trout but that failed for me as it did for others e.g. here http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=69633 . I.e. I added a field (or edited an existing one), OKed the editor, and then reopened the editor to find my edits lost.

However I've found a solution in foobar2000 - after creating the FLAC, load it into a new playlist and then set all the individual tracks' Album to the album title - this sets the cue sheet top-level "TITLE" accordingly.

Thanks.

Reply #59
I forgot that foobar2000's cuesheet editor is not very intuitive, but it is possible to modify the embedded cue by removing the cue and tags, then re-editing the cue info into the file.

CDBurnerXP automatically generates CD-Text from the file tags. That's why step [3] was merely adding an album title to the compilation. Though I'm going to guess that it's still somehow lacking or too difficult.

Reply #60
I forgot that foobar2000's cuesheet editor is not very intuitive, but it is possible to modify the embedded cue by removing the cue and tags, then re-editing the cue info into the file.

Thanks - noted for future.

CDBurnerXP automatically generates CD-Text from the file tags. That's why step [3] was merely adding an album title to the compilation.

Thanks.

Though I'm going to guess that it's still somehow lacking or too difficult.

Aside from the fact it doesn't do the job, you mean?  Well actually yes - too difficult for CDBurnerXP, I find. The program fails on multiple M3U references to the same track file. This is the kind of thing that has lead me to prefer an audio CD image, so I'm glad I now have such a solution.

Reply #61
CDBurnerXP - fails on multiple M3U references to the same track file

Fixed in the latest release - it now prompts for include/exclude.