Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_tabs (Read 244682 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #25
Wow, this plugin rocks! Thanks for making it.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #26
This plugin is what I have a long time waited for.

Many Thanks!

The possibility to assign shorcuts to the different tabs would be nice.

Regards, Lars

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #27
Another feature I would like is having multiple Tabbed Panels or would this need a change to ColumnsUI?

(background: I'd like one tabbed panel used for Visualisations stuff e.g Vis and HTTP Buffer and another tabbed panel used for sliders e.g. seekbar and volume control.)

Edit: forgot to say "thanks!"
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250607"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The plugin supports as many instances as you like (an earlier version even allowed tabs within tabs, but I didn't really see the point of that), but columns won't let you add more than one to the sidebar at a time.

Actually, I lie, I added a "fix" that broke multiple instances in the latest update. No matter, I've fixed that for the next version.

Wow, this plugin rocks! Thanks for making it.

This plugin is what I have a long time waited for.

Many Thanks!

Thanks guys

The possibility to assign shorcuts to the different tabs would be nice.

True. That one will have to go to the bottom of my todo list for the time being though.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #28
Hi there!

I just found a little redraw bug - although I don't know if it's a bug from the sidepanel itself or the database explorer (in the ColumnsUI thread musicmusic told me it is a foo_uie_tabs bug, so I'm posting it here now). Look at this screenshot I made -> HERE

This happens when I drag the scrollbar up / down and a hint pops up that covers the database explorer entry which is not completely visible at the time. When I drag further up / down the hint disppears but leaves this grey box instead of the entry title... weird.

My current FCS configuration -> HERE

Using foobar 0.8.3 / ColumnsUI 0.1.2 (Beta 2) / foo_uie_tabs

Greetz.
Moon
"If there 's no soul in the computer's music, it's because nobody put it there." - Björk.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #29
I just found a little redraw bug - although I don't know if it's a bug from the sidepanel itself or the database explorer (in the ColumnsUI thread musicmusic told me it is a foo_uie_tabs bug, so I'm posting it here now). Look at this screenshot I made -> HERE
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251100"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, that's foo_uie_tabs' fault. I'm posting a new version tomorrow with a few fixes (including that one).

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #30
I've just uploaded that bugfixed version.  Multiple instances should work better now also.

Oh, and you can add toolbars as tabs now too.

PS. In case you missed the post, it turns out I was wrong about not being able to add multiple instances of an extension to the foo_uie_columns sidebar:
I mentioned it somewhere, when adding a panel from the context menu, click toggles the panel, shift-click adds a new instance of the panel, ctrl click toggles the panel, but inserts when it would rather have added, and shift+ctrl+click inserts inserts a new instance of the panel.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #31
I've just uploaded that bugfixed version.  Multiple instances should work better now also.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cool, great plugin. Thanks

When you have time, please add possibility to have a minimum height (a config window, as you said), to avoid this: 

[a href="http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarras.png]http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarras.png[/url]

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #32
Originally posted in foo_ui_columns thread:

I can't seem to get the tabbed panels, there's just a menu with General and Toolbars and umm well no tab stuff, look:

There's no tabbed panel options in the sidebar menu either.

I have both foo_ui_columns and foo_uie_tabs dll's.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #33
hey jkwarras, what's up with the no cover picture, is that by foo_looks?

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #34
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251394"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, it's mine 

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #35
Originally posted in foo_ui_columns thread:

I can't seem to get the tabbed panels, there's just a menu with General and Toolbars and umm well no tab stuff, look:

[snipped image]

There's no tabbed panel options in the sidebar menu either.

I have both foo_ui_columns and foo_uie_tabs dll's.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251392"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The tabbed panel is supposed to be added to the sidebar (in the same place as your playlist list). You'll need to enable sidebar captions to be able to add it, so go in to preferences->columns ui and click on "reset sidebar". Then right click on the sidebar (it should be a blank grey area now), and select General->"Tabbed panel stack".

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #36
The tabbed panel is supposed to be added to the sidebar (in the same place as your playlist list). You'll need to enable sidebar captions to be able to add it, so go in to preferences->columns ui and click on "reset sidebar". Then right click on the sidebar (it should be a blank grey area now), and select General->"Tabbed panel stack".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251396"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

But then it will clear my playlists? Or won't it?

Edit: It wouldn't.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #37
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251394"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, it's mine 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251395"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i mean how the picture is put there

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #38
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251399"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to:
foobar2000\components\foo_looks\
And replace 'lookversion.png' by your own 'no cover' picture 

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #39
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251399"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251426"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jkwarras, i think that dano actually meant "how did you make it appear in this place within foobar interface?", not "how do you change the default foo_looks "no cover" picture to sth different?"

so, how did you accomplish that? share your secret plz
I felt weak, perhaps I was.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #40
I wanna know too. Tell us all about your l33t config!

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #41
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Go to:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251426"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jkwarras, i think that dano actually meant "how did you make it appear in this place within foobar interface?", not "how do you change the default foo_looks "no cover" picture to sth different?"

so, how did you accomplish that? share your secret plz
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251436"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry to go off topic (moderator please feel free to move/split this).

1) Create a 'fake' album list or database explorer panel like this (or put it where you want: sidebar, ....):
[a href="http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarrasfakecover.png]http://www.mokava.org/temp/Fotos/jkwarrasfakecover.png[/url]
2) Use the SeeThroughCover look (foo_look) and put it on top of this 'fake' panel. You're done.

Until we have a coverart panel, this is a the only workaround I've found

My current Column UI configuration: here

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #43
Found a minor bug:
screenshot

I was wondering when someone was going to mention that.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #44
Great work with this foo tabs.
But, with album list, i cannot sort my list as i want to, it's just the option given in standard. I don't understand why ....
But really good work

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #45
New version.
  • fixed various redrawing bugs
  • got rid of flicker when resizing
  • can now tab to extension windows
  • better handling of attention-seeking windows

Great work with this foo tabs.
But, with album list, i cannot sort my list as i want to, it's just the option given in standard. I don't understand why ....
But really good work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251715"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks. Are you sure you're changing the options in preferences->"Album list panel" rather than the ones in "Album list"? The album list panel and the regular window are two separate components, so you have to set the options for each separately.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #46
I have the newest version of foo_ui_columns, but I can't even see any kind of sidebar.
Is there something what I should do first?
I have ticked the "enable sidebar" and "show sidebar" from Components -> Columns UI.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #47
Sorry to say this, but the new version has serious redrawing problems when tabs are unwrapping.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #48
Sorry to say this, but the new version has serious redrawing problems when tabs are unwrapping.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251790"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Whoa. XP themes seem to get me every time... 
I'll look in to it.

EDIT: nevermind, happens without themes too

@kebabi:
You could try the "reset sidebar" buttons in preferences.

foo_uie_tabs

Reply #49
Try now.