Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Issues with foo_unpack? (Read 1599 times) previous topic - next topic

Issues with foo_unpack?

For some reason I'm having problems loading some archives containing mpc files. When right-clicking a folder and selecting "Play in foobar2000" none of the rar archives containing mpc files were added, only those with mp3 files. Selecting the folder from foobar's file menu didn't change anything. When adding the folder with these archives, I can see that all the mpc files appear in the "Processing Files" status window, although they are not added to the playlist. Adding the archives one by one however loaded all but one archive. Drag'n'dropping the archives one and one on foobar also worked, with the exception of this one archive.

I then tried repacking the archive that refused to load in several ways, also cleaning up filenames and such, but got inconsistent results. First, neither rar nor zip (compressed with winrar and 7-zip) worked in any way. Adding the 7z and unix archive support components and trying 7z, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives, everything worked just fine with these archives. But then, after a restart, I could load and read one file I had packed in rar and zip, intending to use as samples in case someone here wanted to take a look at them. Now, everytime I restart foobar, I can read this one file in rar and zip, but as soon as I try the rar or zip repacked complete folder, these archives can't be played anymore. Just now, trying the new zip of the complete problem folder and a fresh restart of foobar, only half of the files appeared in the playlist, and it refused to load anything more afterwards. I guess I have to share my whole original archive if there is someone interested in taking a look at this. If you're a developer, PM me for a download link.

Or if there are some suggestions of changing my configuration or resetting something, I'll try that.