Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491920 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #275
some videos don't start video playback I get this error.

Can't start playback
Loading a file: Unspecified error

Does it just not work with every video?

Hmm, if audio playback starts successfully then video should work. Does it always happens on particular clips? Or the same clip from time to time may produce this error when at other times it plays without errors? Have you did something at the time of opening the video? (don't know, switching to other video from Source popup menu in video context menu, pressing Next / Previous / Stop etc).

Reply #276
some videos don't start video playback I get this error.

Can't start playback
Loading a file: Unspecified error

Does it just not work with every video?

Hmm, if audio playback starts successfully then video should work. Does it always happens on particular clips? Or the same clip from time to time may produce this error when at other times it plays without errors? Have you did something at the time of opening the video? (don't know, switching to other video from Source popup menu in video context menu, pressing Next / Previous / Stop etc).

This happens to me also, but if i click play again for same video then it starts playback.
Don't know what cause this..
Maybe playback for sound and video not start in same time?
My window is set to stay open all time..

ex. this video wont start at first playback:
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Single&3dydfy_alt_length=184&fb2k_artist=Shawn%20Desman&v=qxk0djj062o
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Girlfight&3dydfy_alt_length=245&fb2k_artist=Brooke%20Valentine&v=qb4W18svcxE
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Gucci%20Gucci&3dydfy_alt_length=156&fb2k_artist=Neon%20Hitch&v=z_qwoEq1xy0
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Stranger&3dydfy_alt_length=190&fb2k_artist=Kay&v=iIECprG-Z8I

This component is sick! 3dyd you great great man!

Yes, this is best component, ever made.
I put YT-video window  on front of Foobar window, so with Youtube Radio it looks like i watch VH1 or MTV

Reply #277
Not really a problem but after this song ends i see
Code: [Select]
Decoding failure at 12:58.379 (3dydfy: Write error):
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzP6vSFeqXE"

Reply #278
I used to see some of these errors when I used the foo_youtube downloader method (decoder tab). I switched to using the foobar2000 method and haven't seen any since ( http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=862173 ). May be this will help, but if you already using the foobar2000 method then I don't know...

Reply #279
Well indeed i'm using the foo_youtube method  I'll switch to the foobar2000, thanks for the tip

Reply #280
Ok so using foobar2000 method or 'ffmped for decode its on, foobar2000 or others' i'm experiencing song interruptions at every ~ 2seconds.. do not why but this isn't happening with  foo_youtube or 'ffmped for decode its on, foo_youtube or others'

Reply #281
The reason I originally used the foo_youtube downloader method was because of interruptions in playback with the foobar2000 method. But I then tried using the foobar2000 method and checking prefer audio-only media to stop the much larger video files loading, and no interruptions ( http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=861891 ). More recently I have unchecked prefer audio-only media and no longer see interruptions in playback with the foobar2000 method. So either 3dyd made some changes to improve the plug-in or my internet improved. You could try checking prefer audio-only media if you are only interested in the music- but it's not likely be a lot of use if you want to watch the videos. Otherwise see if 3dyd has any suggestions...

Reply #284
I get it. I thought that the window integrated

Reply #285
The reason I originally used the foo_youtube downloader method was because of interruptions in playback with the foobar2000 method. But I then tried using the foobar2000 method and checking prefer audio-only media to stop the much larger video files loading, and no interruptions ( http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=861891 ). More recently I have unchecked prefer audio-only media and no longer see interruptions in playback with the foobar2000 method. So either 3dyd made some changes to improve the plug-in or my internet improved. You could try checking prefer audio-only media if you are only interested in the music- but it's not likely be a lot of use if you want to watch the videos. Otherwise see if 3dyd has any suggestions...

Well 'prefer audio-only media' was by default checked, video is disabled in 'features' and still i have interruptions with foobar2000 method.. as an update now even with the foo_youtube method i have issues.. do not why

Reply #286

Well 'prefer audio-only media' was by default checked, video is disabled in 'features' and still i have interruptions with foobar2000 method.. as an update now even with the foo_youtube method i have issues.. do not why

Then you must use ffmpeg? Download shared build here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Put files in some folder.
In ''preferences>youtube source>decoder>path to ffmpeg'' navigate to your folder..

Reply #287
There is also foo_youtube_0.0.21_preconf ( http://fy.3dyd.com/download ) which includes ffmpeg, although I thought Clauu had indicated it was already being used (post #281)??? Importantly foo_youtube_0.0.21_preconf comes with all the settings already optimised by 3dyd & so may be worth trying if there is any doubt over the settings.

Reply #288
New version 1.0

Changelog:
- recent tasks log for problem reporting. Helper for adding task log to problem report. Available for last 10 tasks, placed in Help -> Youtube Source -> Report with log
- settings can be copied to the Clipboard. Should be useful for problems description. Placed in Help -> Youtube Source -> Copy settings to Clipboard
- %3dydfy_title% sets also at searching and feeds loading

There are few organizational changes.
From now in new version message will be only changelog. Link to the download page available in the topic header.
Also to bring more sense to version number now minor version (second number) will be changed if something new added and build version (3rd number) will be increased if just some mistakes or 403 error was fixed. Major version changed to 1, it is high time to do this.

Reply #289
Nice...
I left the report with log.. I don't know how this should works, or whether the report arrived?

Reply #290
Yes, it arrives successfully. Known issues will be listed there above problem description field. According to my plan this should help to get actual problems info and post new problems faster than using forum thread. However if it will be not so useful as expected, it probably will be removed.

Reply #291
@ 3dyd,

Do you think it is possible to add the YT clip just after the current track in the selected playlist, instead of adding it at the end of the selected playlist (as it is now) ?

Thanks in advance
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #292
Do you think it is possible to add the YT clip just after the current track in the selected playlist, instead of adding it at the end of the selected playlist (as it is now) ?

Add from where? (from 'Add...' dialogs / from search (of main window / context menu / ui element)?) Also describe your case more detailed, maybe there are other solution do get what you want.

@Bratman, @mire777
About video playback error "Can't start playback. Loading a file: Unspecified error". Seems since some time Youtube started to provide video via HTTPS too (previously was HTTP only). And it selects protocol randomly i.e. same clip at different time may have https or http. LAV filters can't handle https (more info) thus this error appears. I'll check what can be done.

Reply #293
Add from where? (from 'Add...' dialogs / from search (of main window / context menu / ui element)?) Also describe your case more detailed, maybe there are other solution do get what you want.

I mean using File/Add YouTube URL(s) and copy-pasting a URL, it adds the youtube track at the last position of the active playlist.

I guess I'm expecting this command not to add but to insert the youtube before what is currently selected in the playlist. Maybe it's just not possible or not the behaviour people prefer.
I'm using CUI if it's relevant

Thank for your component anyway it is really great.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #294
I guess I'm expecting this command not to add but to insert the youtube before what is currently selected in the playlist. Maybe it's just not possible or not the behaviour people prefer.

All other Add... commands (Add file, Add folder, Add location) are adding items to the end of the active playlist. Making behaviour of 'Add Youtube URL(s)' command different with others looks inappropriate, sorry.

Reply #295

I mean using File/Add YouTube URL(s) and copy-pasting a URL, it adds the youtube track at the last position of the active playlist.

I'm using CUI if it's relevant

Thank for your component anyway it is really great.

Maybe you can do this with WSH, there was a discussion about this: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...883&st=3075

Reply #296
New version 1.1

Changelog:
- added video data downloading by foobar instead of source filter. See Preferences -> Youtube Source -> Features -> Video -> Media downloading. By default downloading now done using foobar instead of LAV Filters. This should solve problem with video playback start
- fixed wrong seeking after video source change
- fixed subtitles appearance in video source menu

Reply #297
3dyd , thank you , video work now

Reply #298
Could you help me with showing lrc as subtitles. I have installes xy-vsfilter, which gets loaded on playback, and added youtube source to lyrics show3, but no subtitles are shown even though lyrics show displays the synced lrc.
Subtitles from youtube work.
Am I missing something??

Reply #299
This feature works only with default Lyrics Show 3 (LS3) settings (save lyrics to profile subfolder 'lyrics', use "$if(%artist%,%artist% - )$if2(%title%,%_filename%)" as lyrics file name and 'lrc' as lyrics file extension). Component checks if lyrics file exist (and enables appropriate menu item in Subtitles popup menu) when video context menu shows. All this make this feature not very useful (especially because there are no timeshift adjustment), however why not, I like an idea.
So, check that you are using default LS3 settings if you want to see subtitles and ensure that lrc files exist (don't know exactly but seems LS3 does not save lrc files right after it found them which is ok because not relates to proper lyrics showing by LS3 but in context of this feature it must be kept in mind).