Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What value is used when EAC fails to error correct / How to merge two files (Read 1037 times) previous topic - next topic

What value is used when EAC fails to error correct / How to merge two files

If EAC error correction finish within the fist 4 rows no error message is given, and I guess it then finds a value matching the checksum.

But what when all 5 rows fills up and you get an "Read error" og "Sync error"?
What value is written to the file?  Is it a average of the read values?  Or the value read most often?  Or an interpolation?
Really narrows down to:  How do you get as good as possible audio file when there are read/sync errors?

PS!  Somtimes I get one file with read errors in one place, and when I retry read errors another place?
       So together these two files have all the data. But how do I merge them (take the OK part from both making a new one)?
Lars-Erik Østerud