Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to convert a whole directory with various formats to OGG through ffmpeg. (Read 2695 times) previous topic - next topic

How to convert a whole directory with various formats to OGG through ffmpeg.

How to convert a whole directory with various formats to OGG 192kbps through ffmpeg? I tried all solutions in internet but they didnt worked for me or i dont understand them. I would like to make a batch file for that. Any suggestions? For any help i'll be grateful.

Re: How to convert a whole directory with various formats to OGG through ffmpeg.

Reply #1
for /r %a in (*.*) do ffmpeg -i "%a" -acodec libvorbis -q:a 6 -f oga "%~pna.ogg"

Use '%%a' instead of '%a' in batch file.
Add '-y' switch if you want to overwrite existing ogg files.
Add '& del "%a"' if you want to delete original files.
gold plated toslink fan

Re: How to convert a whole directory with various formats to OGG through ffmpeg.

Reply #2
I created a batch file with as explained above but it doesn't seem to work when i click on it. Where i have to place that batch file? That's what exist in that file: for /r %%a in (*.*) do ffmpeg -i "%%a" -acodec libvorbis -q:a 6 -f oga "%~pna.ogg"

Reply #4
plus ffmpeg will need to be in your path, otherwise you'll need to set it's location in the batch script and reference it accordingly.

Reply #5
OMG Thanks it helped.

Reply #6
But i got another question, how to convert using CBR and bitrate 192kbps?

Reply #8
I want constant 192kbps this method it gives various bitrate.

Reply #9
A constant bitrate with Vorbis is not possible.

"Vorbis is a free-form variable bit rate (VBR) codec and packets have no minimum size, maximum size, or fixed/expected size." source: Vorbis specification