Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Medieval CUE Splitter (Read 2579 times) previous topic - next topic

Medieval CUE Splitter

Hi all,

I am reading some horror stories on this forum about Medieval CUE Splitter.

The program is not safe to use according to this thread:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=84209.0

I read the same on some other threads.

I have used this program (the old version 1.2) to split FLAC files.

Does this program do something with the source file? I'm affraid it might have changed something in the original FLAC files.

I wanna know for sure that the source files are untouched.

Thanks is advance.

Re: Medieval CUE Splitter

Reply #1
To the best of my knowledge, it drops some samples at the output side.
It doesn't touch the input.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #2
The program does have an option (enabled by default) to prevent overwriting of existing CUE, M3U and audio files.
With this option disabled it would be possible to destroy the original CUE file.
I would think Windows (and the file mask) would prevent an Image (audio) file from being overwritten.
korth

Reply #3
Hmm, I remember using this program in the distant past before I discovered Cuetools. Does it lead to audible degradations or missing parts or is it just missing tiny parts e.g. at the border of tracks that are usually empty anyway?
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #5
Given what a piece of cueshit it is, I don't want to even fire it up - but why should a tool used to split an image from a cuesheet, overwrite the image file with a new image file merged from the splits?
Oh, but it shouldn't behave the way it does in the first place, so why not ...

@JW82 , did you keep rip logs? Do image lengths match them?