Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Next PM in 5 Minutes? (Read 3567 times) previous topic - next topic

Next PM in 5 Minutes?

I sent a pm and wanted to send one more, because I forgot information. I have to wait 5 Minutes until I can send the next pm. Oh, come on, with a delay of a minute no flooding is possible (except, if the server is a 486sx ). With 5 minutes, communication is successfully blocked. If the idea is: "HA is no communication platform", then PM should be disabled at all.

Maybe consider adding recaptcha for 2+ pm's.

Next PM in 5 Minutes?

Reply #1
Alternatively, something like having an increasing wait limit could work.  Like there is no limit after the first 2 PMs, but after the 3rd you have to wait 5 minutes for each successive PM unless you go a certain amount of time without sending one

Next PM in 5 Minutes?

Reply #2
The problem would remain. What if a valuable HA user wants to send 4 PMs? Take 15 minutes time?

Next PM in 5 Minutes?

Reply #3
Most forums I've used have a 1 minute limit, 5 seems unnecessarily long.

Next PM in 5 Minutes?

Reply #4
With 5 minutes, communication is successfully blocked. If the idea is: "HA is no communication platform", then PM should be disabled at all.

Maybe consider adding recaptcha for 2+ pm's.

I've seen that on another forum I'm a mod on with users complaining about it, and don't know if it's built into IPB or not but if someone is getting assistance in fixing something I can see the annoyance of it. One solution is to post a topic if it isn't something that needs to be uber private.

Please none of that recaptcha s**t, I'm so sick of that crap!