Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Operation Copy - Auto Close? (Read 916 times) previous topic - next topic

File Operation Copy - Auto Close?

Hi,

I want to achieve the following: I browse through a list of MP3 files, if I like one, I want to press a keyboard shortcut and copy that file to a destination folder.

I already made a shortcut to File operations -> Copy file to. My problem is: when  I do this, and press run, the dialog stays open. Staying open would not be a problem, but as soon as I select another file in my list, and press my shortcut, the new file is not added to the Copy file to Windows.

So at the moment, I need to press the shortcut, run the job, and close the Window, which I find really inconvenient. Is there a trick to make the windows automatically close after the copy process has finished? Or at least to add the new copy job to the exisiting open Window?

Re: File Operation Copy - Auto Close?

Reply #1
There are several ways you can do what you want without making changes to existing components. You could for example drag the file you like to a temporary playlist and copy all the tracks in one go once you are done checking them. Or you could use foo_run component to copy the file without any visible dialogs.

Reply #2
Thanks, can you give me a hint how this could be achieved using foo_run? Copy the currently selected song to a defined folder?

Reply #3
Add a new run service with descriptive label, for example Copy to <path>. At the Path syntax string enter 'cmd.exe /c copy /y "%path%" "<path>"', without the single quotes. For example to copy to C:\Temp use string:
cmd.exe /c copy /Y "%path%" "C:\Temp\"

Make sure to tick the Minimize button and drag the simultanous runs slider to the right until it says Unlimited.

Reply #4
Thanks a lot, I am now quite satisfied to have a shortcut to a fixed folder (File Operations -> Move To -> MyFolderPreset), but when that is performed, my FooBar Window Minimizes, and I have to reactivate it. Is this a known /expected behaviour?

Reply #5
Sounds like you are using some ancient foobar2000 version. Update to the latest.

Reply #6
I am using 1.4.1 which should be current, right?

Reply #7
1.4.2 is the latest version
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #8
I mistakenly thought the feature requires a recent version (1.4) but copying the playing file seems to have (always) worked. Just tested with a truly ancient version 1.1.5. Are you using some weird input plugins or other components that lock the file?

Reply #9
Am I hallucinating, or did you dramatically edit the post #4? It used to say that when a file is playing it can't be copied and now it says something entirely different. My reply was for the original post, not the later edit.