Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] From: foobar2000 1.1.8 + asus xonar essence stx asio problem (Read 1717 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] From: foobar2000 1.1.8 + asus xonar essence stx asio problem

@asherbarasher:

Windows XP 32-bit, foobar 1.1.8 and asus xonar essence with driver version 5.12.8.1792 works for me and sounds a little bit better than the latest asus driver. But it is difficult to hear sound differences with foobar.

In my opinion you should not use foobar to hear music because a lot of music players sounds better than foobar. It is obvious to anyone with ears who own an audiophile hifi system. But foobar has it's advantage to organize your music.

Optimize Windows (http://cicsmemoryplayer.com/index.php?n=CMP.07Optimisations) and try different players to hear the difference.

This is my ranking:
1. AlbumPlayer
2. XMPlayer
3. CPlay
4. Winamp 5.601 Lite

for Win 7 you could try XXHighEnd.

The last position in my ranking has foobar. I try different buffer length settings but nothing help to clarify the sound because ABX with foobar isn't hardly possible.