Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't change my e-mail address (Read 4793 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't change my e-mail address

I've tried for several weeks now to change my registered e-mail address, but it just won't happen. The e-mail currently associated with the board doesn't exist anymore. When I enter my new address, I get kicked back to the e-mail address-change page, with no confirmation. And no e-mail ever arrives.

And another thing. My PM inbox says I have 1 message, and that it is 1% full. But I don't have any messages at all (I don't use PM at all). Very odd.

Reply #1
Hrmm.. strange about the email change thing.  I'm pretty sure I've used that function before and it worked as it was supposed to.  Anyway, just PM me your new email, and I'll update your account info manually.

Not sure what the deal with the phantom PM is either.. I've never seen that problem before.

Reply #2
I had the exact same problem months ago, while trying to update my e-mail address.
At that time, it was impossible to do it and I gave up.
Weeks later, the process worked fine at the first attempt! Bingo!

LIF
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)

Reply #3
i can't change my email adress too...i tried it a week ago and today, it doesn't work

Reply #4
Bump

Neither can I change my email

Dibrom, please check your PM for a request

Reply #5
This STILL SUCKS!!

Reply #6
Bug. Dibrom, change forum engine to 1.1 final...

Reply #7
And another thing. My PM inbox says I have 1 message, and that it is 1% full. But I don't have any messages at all (I don't use PM at all). Very odd.

Check your outbox... maybe some time ago you used PM and don`t remember, there are copies in outbox. I though there was bug: 10% full and empty inbox. Then i checked my outbox...

Reply #8
Yeah yeah. 1.1a should be up very soon, probably today/tomorrow.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #9

1.1a? You mean 1.1a will be relased (now i don`t see 1.1a on IB home page), or You want to say 1.1a will be today/tomorrow on HA.org? Or maybe both?

EDIT: Dibrom, JohnV - consider adding Jabber support like for ICQ etc.

Reply #10

1.1a? You mean 1.1a will be relased (now i don`t see 1.1a on IB home page), or You want to say 1.1a will be today/tomorrow on HA.org? Or maybe both?

1.1a was released few days ago and it will be online at HA very soon. Or it is online already but not public yet, since not all the modifications are yet put back. Anyway, very soon...
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #11

1.1a was released few days ago and it will be online at HA very soon. Or it is online already but not public yet, since not all the modifications are yet put back. Anyway, very soon...

http://www.invisionboard.com/download.cgi?...d=invboard1_1_1

1.1.1 released.