Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to Copy files to Android phone? (Read 930 times) previous topic - next topic

How to Copy files to Android phone?

How do I copy music files and playlists from Foobar on my Windows PC to a folder on my Android 8.0 phone via USB?

Copying and pasting songs from Foobar into a folder on the phone does not work -  the "paste" option is missing when I try to put a file onto the file from Foobar.  I can, however, paste the same file into a folder on the PC.
I can then use windows explorer to copy the same file from the folder on the PC to the folder on phone.

File Operations / Copy To also does not work.  When I try to select a folder on the phone I get a message that the folder name is invalid.

It appears that Foobar does not recognize the phone as a valid destination for copying files to. 
USB file transfer is enabled.

I'm puzzled.  Suggestions?

Thanks!
Harry

Re: How to Copy files to Android phone?

Reply #1
How do I copy music files and playlists from Foobar on my Windows PC to a folder on my Android 8.0 phone via USB?

Copying and pasting songs from Foobar into a folder on the phone does not work -  the "paste" option is missing when I try to put a file onto the file from Foobar.  I can, however, paste the same file into a folder on the PC.
I can then use windows explorer to copy the same file from the folder on the PC to the folder on phone.

File Operations / Copy To also does not work.  When I try to select a folder on the phone I get a message that the folder name is invalid.

It appears that Foobar does not recognize the phone as a valid destination for copying files to. 
USB file transfer is enabled.

I'm puzzled.  Suggestions?

Thanks!
Harry

The reason could be that your phone while connected via USB is rather limited in what it can do while connected. You can't even edit metadata tags or drag & drop any files from your phone to Foobar or any media player the way you can with a solitary external drive, it only works with Windows Explorer. Only option for you is to either use Windows Explorer or take out the external storage unit you have (if any) then use it with an adapter & copy the files there using Foobar.