Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Enhanced AAC plus free source code (Read 45762 times) previous topic - next topic

Enhanced AAC plus free source code

Reply #25
Isn't Mac OS 10.4.6 64-bit?

Parts of it might be dual architecture, since the G5 processor is 64-bit. But the G4 processor in my PowerBook is 32-bit. Perhaps you can tell me how to possible reproduce this, so I can give it a try?

@loophole. It complains about the missing malloc.h file. I just copied the malloc.h file from the 10.4u SDK into the libisomediafile folder and it compiled successfully

Reply #27
@loophole. It complains about the missing malloc.h file. I just copied the malloc.h file from the 10.4u SDK into the libisomediafile folder and it compiled successfully

Nope, on BSD malloc.h is replaced by stdlib.h IIRC

Reply #28
Nope, on BSD malloc.h is replaced by stdlib.h IIRC
Well, I had the same compile error as 'loophole' the first time. But after copying the malloc.h file it compiled successfully. 

Edit: I have compressed a couple of tracks to 32 and 48kbps. The sound quality is really impressive for the bitrate.
rootkit, the problem sample sound fine to me. So I guess it don affect Mac OS X on 32-bit either...

Reply #29
I just changed #include <malloc.h> to #include <malloc/malloc.h> in MP4OSMacros.h

Reply #30
i've edited the program to save raw AAC streams with ADTS header instead of mp4 files.
stay tuned

Reply #31
Here it is: http://teknoraver.net/software/mp4tools/

It doesn't works under AMD64, but still should under powerpc.
Feedback is welcome!

Reply #32
I just changed #include <malloc.h> to #include <malloc/malloc.h> in MP4OSMacros.h

The Right Thing? to do is to include "stdlib.h". According to the C89 standard, this is where malloc() must be. It's safe to assume that any system and compiler you'll ever come across implements C89. Using "malloc.h" is an unportable Linux-ism.

Another good porability reference is The Single UNIX Specification. When in doubt, assume what it says, and consider anything else odd. (By this definition, yes, Windows is very odd indeed.)

Reply #33
Hi all,

I see a libisomedia.lib in the decoder module. I extracted the files from system.zip from www.publiclyavailablestandards.com. My problem is how can i port this on ARM processor. i see that it is being compiled for intel platform. for win32 platform there is a file named w32filemappingobject.c , what should be the corresponding file for ARM core.  I am using RVDS and win32 can  not be used. Some one who knows the solution give me a mail at sateeshchandra@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Sateesh

I want to what does these libraries consist of ?
Thanks and Regards
Shreya
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275840"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I assume libisomediafile is responsible for creating the mp4 container, and libaudio is for reading the input file, since without either library, I get link errors like:

./src/main.o(.text+0x273): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `AuChannelOpen'
: undefined reference to `AuChannelClose'
: undefined reference to `AuChannelReadShort'
./src/mp4file.o(.text+0x21d): In function `MP4FileAddFrame':
: undefined reference to `MP4GetHandleSize'
./src/mp4file.o(.text+0x3a5): In function `WriteMP4File':
: undefined reference to `MP4WriteMovieToFile'
./src/mp4file.o(.text+0x491): In function `CloseMP4File':
: undefined reference to `MP4DisposeHandle'

, and if I build libisomediafile and link with that, the MP4* functions link okay, and the only errors that are left are the AuChannel* functions.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=275844"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

These libraries are precompiled. If I want to port this code on say Arm processor, then I need the source code of these libraries so as to compile it for Arm.Can I get this source code or these libraries can itself be used for porting on Arm ?

Reply #36
Hello! I downloaded  the aacplus source code from 3gpp & test it. Float code is fine. But the fixed code (after 26411-630.zip) is terrible. Bad nosie spring  with normal audio signal all along. Noise--hundreds of horses are running.  Surprised , the fixed code before 630 is fine. Also , I found the problem happen in encoder code ,not decoder code. Maybe Coding technology release it before testing. ? The difference between 26411-630 & 26411-620? Anyone is kind to tell it?

Reply #37
...the fixed code (after 26411-630.zip) is terrible. Bad nosie spring  with normal audio signal all along. Noise--hundreds of horses are running.  Surprised , the fixed code before 630 is fine. Also , I found the problem happen in encoder code ,not decoder code. Maybe Coding technology release it before testing. ? The difference between 26411-630 & 26411-620? Anyone is kind to tell it?

IIRC it's the same with MP3 encoders. Shine, also fixed point, produces files with a bad quality too.