Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: One problem with the Wiki (Read 4990 times) previous topic - next topic

One problem with the Wiki

The biggest problem i have found when i have been editing the Wiki is the fact that the links are case sensitive.

Code: [Select]
[[Exact Audio Copy]]; this is the correct link
[[Exact audio Copy]]; this will start a new link page
[[Exact Audio copy]]; this will start a new link page
and so on and so on

Is there any way that this behaviour can be changed ?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #1
I am afraid not. I will do some research on that.
The best thing to do ATM is to redirect pages to the correct version.
If you put:
Code: [Select]
#REDIRECT [[Exact Audio Copy]]

on a page it will redirect to "Exact Audio Copy".

edit: nope. that is not possible to change.

Reply #2
It could be done but would require changes to the code: lets say pagenames should generally be lowercase.... then one could automate the process which Jan describes - so that the user does not have to do it but the redirection-links and -pages are automatically created.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #3
I'd rather not alter the code. Too messy when updating the wiki IMO. And is it really that big a deal?

Reply #4
I'd rather not alter the code. Too messy when updating the wiki IMO. And is it really that big a deal?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285709"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

it just would make updating the wiki easier.

Another thing that comes to mind is that when a page is saved, the material saved is scanned against a list of already created pages, if there is an exact text match the text automaticly turn into clickable links. This idea would go hand in hand with the non case  sensitive links.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.