Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb v. 0.9.6.8 incorrectly displays ISO-8859-1 ID3v2 tags (Read 7578 times) previous topic - next topic

fb v. 0.9.6.8 incorrectly displays ISO-8859-1 ID3v2 tags

My default locale is cyrillic and foobar2000 doesn't display properly ISO-8859-1 encoded frames of id3v2 tags. It looks like it displays ISO-8859-1 frames converted to CP1251.

Is it possible to tell fb2000 to not translate ISO-8859-1 frames?

Reply #1
Foobar reads/writes in UTF-8. If the tags are not in your code page (cyrillic) or standard ASCII, I suppose you'll see some garbage for some chars in different code page, if that's what you are telling. That can be solved using foo_chacon

[edit] You shouldn't have porblem with latin-1

Reply #2
[edit] You shouldn't have porblem with latin-1

But I have unfortunately. Latin-1 is always converted to CP1251.

Reply #4
OK then, for accented characters you should use foo_chacon

[edit] Hm, I tried foo_chacon right now but it doesn't seems to convert latin-1 chars right (same CP1251)

Reply #5
OK then, for accented characters you should use foo_chacon

But I don't want to edit files (actually I can't), they are absolutely normal, I just want to see latin-1 frames content not converted to local default one-byte encoding. Is it normal to silently convert latin-1 to local charset? Maybe there is somewhere extension to override suce behavior?

Reply #6
They are not converted, but just displayed as is in your code page. Put the files in WMP or Winamp and you'll see the same garbage chars, but I'm right now looking why foo_chacon can't convert it as it should.

[edit] missunderstood

Reply #7
Well, it's normal if you what it to. Put the files in WMP or Winamp and you'll see the same garbage chars, but I'm right now looking why foo_chacon can't convert it as it should.

Nope, winamp (mp3 decoder actually) has the option how to interpret latin-1 tags so winamp displays tags properly.

Reply #8
For users in CP1251 (cyrillic) who might have problems with old ISO_8859-1 (latin1) charset, here is quick macro for masstagger or "properties > tools > automatically fill values..."
Example is for TITLE which is most common, and like I run to it just now downloading some autoplate release if it's for believing

Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,
'Ў','¡','ў','¢','Ј','£','Ґ','¥','Ё','¨','Є','ª','Ї','¯','І','²','і','³','ґ','´','ё','¸','№','¹','є','º','ј','¼','Ѕ','½','ѕ','¾','ї','¿','А','À','Б','Á','В','Â','Г','Ã','Д','Ä','Е','Å','Ж','Æ','З','Ç','И','È','Й','É','К','Ê','Л','Ë','М','Ì','Н','Í','О','Î','П','Ï','Р','Ð','С','Ñ','Т','Ò','У','Ó','Ф','Ô','Х','Õ','Ц','Ö','Ч','×','Ш','Ø','Щ','Ù','Ъ','Ú','Ы','Û','Ь','Ü','Э','Ý','Ю','Þ','Я','ß','а','à','б','á','в','â','г','ã','д','ä','е','å','ж','æ','з','ç','и','è','й','é','к','ê','л','ë','м','ì','н','í','о','î','п','ï','р','ð','с','ñ','т','ò','у','ó','ф','ô','х','õ','ц','ö','ч','÷','ш','ø','щ','ù','ъ','ú','ы','û','ь','ü','э','ý','ю','þ','я','ÿ')

Reply #9
here is quick macro for masstagger or "properties > tools > automatically fill values..."here is quick macro for masstagger or "properties > tools > automatically fill values..."

Is there any plugin/script that doesn't touch original files and just edit database records? I don't want to alter mp3s because they are absolutely correct.

Reply #10
No, there isn't mainly for performance reason. And I wouldn't say that files tagged in 8859-1 code are correct from the code page perspective. Today everything is in UTF, unless you are talking about compatibility with same old hardware or you want to use old standard ID3v2.3 in 8859-1