Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play Soundcloud through Foobar (Read 9489 times) previous topic - next topic

Play Soundcloud through Foobar

Hi, Its my first post!

Anyway, I want to play my Soundcloud stream or even just paste Soundcloud URL's into Foobar...

So far I've tried a few things:
I've tried https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,104954.0.html but the download link doesn't work anymore  :(
And https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18680181/soundcloud-script-vbs-to-get-related-songs-in-foobar-playlist But I can't figure how to get Foo_Run working, I added the script but Idk how to use it...

Re: Play Soundcloud through Foobar

Reply #1
Can anyone reply?

Reply #2
I came across this post via Google search and I'm also looking for a Soundcloud solution for Foobar.

Does anyone know of any possible Soundcloud components?

Reply #3
I wonder if Command line decoder wrapper could work with youtube-dl for that :)

Reply #5
Thanks for the reply however I haven't gotten it working myself yet :(
I downloaded Command-line Decoder Wrapper Foobar component but i have no idea how to use it atm lol...
Also you mentioned requiring MPV?
Last question, how have you got this working? can you paste Soundcloud links and play them through Foobar?

Reply #6
Soundcloud listed as youtube-dl Supported sites. I haven't tried with playlist but with a single song, it works.
You could get mpv from here and there is also link to youtube-dl.
You need to set where mpv and youtube-dl to PATH or Additional decoders folders on preferences.
Once all set, you could add the link to playlist via Add location with ytdl:// protocol.

Reply #7
I know I'm ressurrecting a year old thread... but I needed to say thank you!!

It works flawlessly even with soundcloud artist user's page.

The only drawbacks of using this method to listen to soundcloud are that you can't skip tracks in a playlist or start playback where you had previously stopped it, and that when playing the imported location all track tags are lost as multiple tracks are played through one single stream.

Otherwise it's great!

Reply #8
I think now it should work with latest foo_youtube too. :)

Reply #9
Hello guys. I am still trying to get soundcloud to stream in foobar. I've tried the foo_youtube plugin but that does not work somehow. Any directions for help? Thanks in advance!

Reply #10
Go into preferences>tools>Youtube source, and go to the maintenance tab and add youtube-dl from there by selecting it from the list of third party binaries. When you have the location set, you can use the fy+ URL scheme to add SoundCloud URLs, or any other youtube-dl-supported URL.

Reply #11
Thank you for the quick response. I configured the plugin like you mentioned and it works! Even better: I can just add the standard URL scheme and processing withing the youtube-dl plugin takes care of the rest.
Tested with this playlist: https://soundcloud.com/embrz/sets/spirit-reset-1

Reply #12
Thank`s for instructions Slender, now i can listen soundcloud  in foobar2000.