Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Transcoding from FLAC to AAC ??? VBR and CBR ??? (Read 9481 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Transcoding from FLAC to AAC ??? VBR and CBR ???

Reply #25
Yes, I listened to these files. 100 kbps will sound better even on the mobile phone's speakers. The full spectrum can be saved by various tricks. But I'm studying the spectra of files from my collection and I know that they have not been edited by anyone before me. if one encoder makes a hole in the spectrum, and the other does not do it, then this is an occasion to reflect (personally for me).

Reply #26
Disputes on this topic can continue indefinitely. And it's useless. Much more important is to have confidence in the authenticity of your lossless files. For they are not always true to the full spectrum.
And not everyone will hear in own ears is this lossless or not.

Reply #27
The full spectrum can be saved by various tricks.
That's why audio encoders don't have to play tricks to make the spectrograms look good, especially if doing so can decrease sound quality.

Disputes on this topic can continue indefinitely. And it's useless.
Yeah since the conclusion already exist, before the start of this thread.

Reply #28
I did not say that the spectrogram is a panacea. I had in mind some problematic areas with breaks, which are of concern. Here is the  screenshots of the spectrogram 2 different encoders AAC 160 kbps. On one of them there are problematic plots, I singled out them.

What you're seeing is the psychoacoustic model (correctly) removing inaudible high frequencies during comparatively loud sections. Lossy formats intentionally throw away shit you can't hear, so that the things you can hear sound as good as possible. Stop looking at music.