Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagScanner 4.9 (Read 125307 times) previous topic - next topic

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #175
Hi Tarantul, could you consider add an option to remove only lyric3 tags?

thanks in advance and best regards

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #176
Great Program 

It would be extremely beneficial if the track number field
were expanded to at least 3 digits when saved and incremented.     

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #177
Hey Tarantul!

I've been using your nice little program for quite some time now, well over two years I think.
It's really outstanding work and has helped my a lot!

Now, with version 5 arriving, I was really excited to see what's got updated/improved and was very easger to try it out.
I must say, I do like the new design.
At first, it was a bit strange accomodating but now I find it more ordered than the old one.

Anyway, I think I encountered a bug...
Ususally (with version 4.9), when when integrating the album cover art into the MP3 file, my MP3 player (or rather the organizing software) - a Rio Karma - had no problems indexing those files.

Now, with 5.0, files I have tagged with an album cover in JPEG format and ~ 300x300 pixels file dimensions do no longer show up in the indexing list of the organizing software leading me to believe those files are somehow "broken".
The indexing software is reading out the ID3 tags, and as I said, it worked perfectly fine with images in 4.9 but no longer in 5.0.

My question is therefore:
Did you change anything regarding the image tagging bahaviour in 5.0 and if so could you image this may have broken the ID3 tag and/or the file header somehow?

Also, is there any chance getting in back to how it worked in 4.9 or will I have to do without images in the future?

Thank you again for this simply outstanding program and for taking your time to (hopefully) answer and solve my problem

Best regards,

Helmi

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #178
Hello, Tarantul

First of all, I've been using TagScanner for a long time now, and its excellent.
But, there's one feature I'd like to ask you to implement, if it is possible, in the next version.

The ability to create some filter for Moving the files, like:

If there's less than 4 files of the artist, move it to one folder.
If not, move to another one.

That would be very usefull, and I couldnt find any program that does it.

I hope you like my suggestion, and thanks for this amazing program.

Thank you,

SN

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #179
TagScanner 5.0 public beta build 505
=====

+ Fix: ID3v2.2 Album and Artist misplaced
+ Fix: Incorrect text transcoding in non-affected frames from ID3v2
* Improved: Increased parsing speed for non-text MP4 atoms
+ New: Now you can autorename support files with same names ( *.cdg(karaoke), *.txt default)

=====

http://www.rialnet.ru/~serega/files/ts5beta.zip

2johnsonlam: I check html export with Japanese tags - all works fine. Excell export have problems with unicode , but you can export to CSV and then save as Excell

???? ? ???? ????????? ????????, ?? ????? ???????? TagScanner'?, ?? ?? ?? ??????????  . ???????? ?? ?????? 4.9 build 497b, ??? ????????  .

If picture is preserved in tag then after opening TagScanner, it its does not show . Test for versions 4.9 build 497b, all works

Added 21.09.2006 22:30

? 4.9 ????? ?? ????????? ?????????? ID3v2 tag, ? ? ??????? APE.

In 4.9 settings by default to show ID3v2 tag, but in 5 APE.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #180
I was using beta 505 & I switched to the new beta 507 from the website. 
I have been trying to update the server list in Freedb settings but it will
not work, only have 1 in the list. 

Anyone else have this problem?

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #181
Не работает получение тегов из FreeDB если находишься за корпоративным прокси с авторизацией (прокси ISA 2004)
+
При генерации тегов из имени файла было бы удобнее обрабатывать файлы по маске (например: "%7. %1 - %2" для "01. Queen - We Will Rock You")

-----------------------

Reception tags from FreeDB does not work if are behind a corporate proxy with authorization (proxy ISA 2004)
+
At generation tags from a name of a file it would be more convenient to process files on a mask (for example: "%7. %1 - %2 " for " 01. Queen - We Will Rock You ")

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #182
Hi,

Is there any way to rename file extensions (change case)?

That is for example, I have a ton of files that end in .MP3, and I would like to change all of them to .mp3 .

Thanks a lot,

Will
God Bless U.S.A

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #183
I don't know if Tagscanner can, but you can use the freely available tool "Bulk Rename Utility" (google for it).

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #184
Is there any way to rename file extensions (change case)?

A couple of programs that can do that and more:

Extension changer 0.5: http://www.yehiaeg.com/extchanger
Renamer 6.0: http://www.albert.nu/default.asp?sub=progr...enamer/main.htm
Flexible Renamer 7.3: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/english/FlexRena/
Rename Master 2.7.4: http://www.joejoesoft.com/rm.php

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #186
Would like to see an option to Get From Local CDDB.

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #187
Hi, i'm using Tagscanner v5 build 508 and I notice a couple of annoying behaviors in this new version:

If I remove a tag in "tag editor" the changes are not displayed (fields are not blanked), so it's necesary to rescan the directory to see that the tags has been removed, would be nice if v5 could have the same behavior of v4.9 and refresh the files after remove tags.

I found too that at difference of v4.9 tagscanner now keep the selection of files made it in one tab (for example in "tag editor") when you jump to another tab (for example "music renamer" or tag processor"). I've to tell that this is really uncomfortable since often people only works with a couple of files in "tag editor" but it's common to work with all files in "tag renamer" and "tag processor". v4.9 worked by default with all files in "tag renamer" and "tag processor" (even to preview changes) so there was no need to press select all after jump to these tabs.

Another strange thing: I've 10 tracks loaded in "music renamer", I select 1 track and then I press preview, tagscanner show a preview only of that track (ok), then I press "settings" to come back to the main windows of "music renamer" and the track appear greyed, in order to preview all tracks I press "select all" and nothing happen, so I need to make a new manual selection to get these buttons ("select all" and "deselect all") works, so I'm wondering why the track appear greyed? it's right that the buttons "select all" & "deselect all" doesn't work instantly after made a preview? are not useless in this case if previously to use it I've to make a manual selection?

I love new features in v5 but I really miss the behavior of v4.9, it assumed some things (selection or refresh) by default that it made the work easier. Hope to see these behaviors back in future versions of Tagscanner

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #188
Anyone having issues with Tagscanner in Windows Vista? 

My laptop died last weekend, so I picked up a desktop, and it had Vista on it.  I downloaded the latest version this morning.  However, when I rename files into directories with Tagscanner I get an "Unknown Error" in red next to each track that is to be renamed.  I have turned of User Security to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't.

Any ideas?

TagScanner 4.9

Reply #189
Anyone having issues with Tagscanner in Windows Vista? 

My laptop died last weekend, so I picked up a desktop, and it had Vista on it.  I downloaded the latest version this morning.  However, when I rename files into directories with Tagscanner I get an "Unknown Error" in red next to each track that is to be renamed.  I have turned of User Security to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't.

Any ideas?

Just be sure to run TagScanner as Administrator (by checking the box under Compatability)