Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Media Library sorting question (Read 914 times) previous topic - next topic

Media Library sorting question

Hi, I wanna sort my media library folder by Album Artist>Albums sorted by Date>Tracklist and I can do it pretty easily like this:

%<album artist>%|['['%date%']' ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ]%title%

However, I don't like how the second layer shows the year of the album on the library tree itself like this:
[2004] Album Here

What I wanna somehow achieve is to hide away the date section from the library view, yet still make it invisibly sort my albums by date, how would I do that? Thanks for the help.

Re: Media Library sorting question

Reply #1
Hi there,

Not possible with the default Album List.

I would suggest to replace it with Library Tree (script for Spider Monkey Panel) which has far more options. Modify the "Album Artist" view pattern with $nodisplay like so -

Code: [Select]
%<album artist>%|$nodisplay{%date%}%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ]%title%

Edit: Curiously it will sort the tree correctly but not the playlist. Assuming you want the playlist contents sorted the same, you'll have to enter a 'Playlist sort order' in the Options > Behaviour tab such as -

Code: [Select]
%album artist%|%date%|%album%|%discnumber%|%tracknumber%|%title%

Cheers

Re: Media Library sorting question

Reply #2
Thank you so much, that worked!