Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bit Accurate in Windows 10 (Read 5602 times) previous topic - next topic

Bit Accurate in Windows 10

I have files that played back bit accurate using the ASIO drivers for Meridian Explorer2 in Windows 8.1 using foobar2000 version 1.3.8 (stable). Since upgrading to Windows 10, these files no longer playback as bit accurate using the same version of foobar2000 (1.3.8) or version 1.3.9 beta4. I've also tried using WASPI for Meridian Explorer2 with the same non-bit accurate results. The files do playback, but it is critical that I get a bit accurate playback. I can achieve bit accurate playback using Roon software with Windows 10 and the same device. Can you help?

Reply #1
Bit perfect playback is working fine here on Windows 10 - did you verify that in the Sound Control panel the levels for the DAC device are at 100, the balance is at 100/100 , the Sound enhancements are turned off, "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode priority" are checked?, etc.  At least here they all matter even when using ASIO, but that depends on your drivers.

Reply #2
Bit perfect playback is working fine here on Windows 10 - did you verify that in the Sound Control panel the levels for the DAC device are at 100, the balance is at 100/100 , the Sound enhancements are turned off, "Allow application to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode priority" are checked?, etc.  At least here they all matter even when using ASIO, but that depends on your drivers.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I have verified all the above settings and still have the issue.

Reply #3
Just in case, are you sure that you aren't using any DSP or replay gain and that the volume is at 100 in foobar2000?  I wouldn't think that it's a driver problem.

Reply #4
Just in case, are you sure that you aren't using any DSP or replay gain and that the volume is at 100 in foobar2000?  I wouldn't think that it's a driver problem.

Eureka! foobar2000 volume at 100 did it. Pretty sure that is a new wrinkle since the change to Windows 10, but no matter. Issue is resolved. Thank you!! BTW, no DSP was, or is, being used.