Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discrepancy with genre tags between FLAC / MP3 libraries (Read 478 times) previous topic - next topic

Discrepancy with genre tags between FLAC / MP3 libraries

I am using Foobar2000 v1.3.17 on Windows 7 Pro. I am using dBpoweramp to rip a CD collection, I'm using the multi-encoder feature that allows for ripping two different file formats on one pass. I'm ripping the CD's to FLAC and MP3 320. I'm using Foobar2000 for playback and to check my genre categories, to ensure I don't have incorrect categories or improperly tagged artists, etc.

Today I noticed that when comparing the FLAC and MP3 libraries, by genre in Foobar view settings, a lot of the genre categories didn't match up. For example the Rock genre in FLAC indicated 45 artists tagged as Rock while the MP3 library only showed 25. Using Beyond Compare I confirmed both FLAC and MP3 libraries have identical folders, and I manually checked as well. I gave both libraries time to fully initialize in Foobar.

I know this might not even be a Foobar2000 issue but I've been doing the CD ripping for quite some time now and have never encountered this problem, I'm checking in Foobar and dBpoweramp forums. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you,