Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to use Musicbrainz with EAC under Wine (Read 2888 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to use Musicbrainz with EAC under Wine

Hi,

I just grabbed EAC v1.5, which I understand has a built-in Musicbrainz metadata plugin. However, when I went to set that up, I was unable to find it at all; the only option available was the built-in freedb.org server, which... well. Bit tragic, really.

I don't know if this is because I'm running it under Wine, or if I'm just being really stupid, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I would have asked in the EAC support forums, but apparently that's down.

Thanks!

Re: Unable to use Musicbrainz with EAC under Wine

Reply #1
In the Windows installer the plugins are offered as optional (via check-boxes) so it is possible not to install them.
Most of the plugins require at least .net 2.0 (included in 3.5).
korth

Reply #2
I've ensured that the plugins are (supposed to be) installed with everything else, and .NET 2.0 is installed in the prefix as well.

Reply #3
Hi,

I just grabbed EAC v1.5, which I understand has a built-in Musicbrainz metadata plugin. However, when I went to set that up, I was unable to find it at all; the only option available was the built-in freedb.org server, which... well. Bit tragic, really.

I don't know if this is because I'm running it under Wine, or if I'm just being really stupid, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I would have asked in the EAC support forums, but apparently that's down.

Thanks!

Same here: the Musicbrainz en Cuetools plugins doesn't work in EAC via Wine (never did), although they are installed. Therefore I assume this is a Wine issue.

Reply #4
Ditto for me as well - the plugins are all there under win7, but I just installed under wine and noticed they were missing.

Reply #5
It turns out .NET 4.0 is needed for the new plugins. I hadn't read the EAC 1.5 wine page closely enough:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=38915&iTestingId=108566

If you've got things working already except for the plugins, you probably just need to run:
winetricks dotnet40
though I can't confirm since I ended up starting from scratch. See the winehq page for more details.

Reply #6
vthokies96,

Where do you get .NET 4.0?
I was trying to see if there was .NET 4.0 to download on you link but couldn't find any.

Reply #8
vthokies96,

Where do you get .NET 4.0?
I was trying to see if there was .NET 4.0 to download on you link but couldn't find any.

Q4Wine and Winetricks both have a GUI which can assist you when installing things like this.

Reply #9

To connect my Pioneer drive to EAC, when I click on Configuration Wizard it says, "EAC detected the following CD drives in your system. Please select which drives EAC should autoconfigure."

It has only one checkmark which I suppose is my Pioneer drive, but it doesn't say the name of the drive. When I proceed, an Error Message pops up that says, "EAC couldn't find a CD in the drive to be tested..."

So I'm having trouble making the EAC even read my CD (not sure if it's even connected to the CD drive).

Reply #10
Anyways, do other softwares not work with Wine on Mac?