Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REACT 2 Released (Read 1265178 times) previous topic - next topic

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1750
When I set "CreateCuesheet=mg" in my REACT.ini and presse F4 I get a "unable to move cuesheet. File does not exist" after a little break. Yes: gsar.exe exists in my tools-directory.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1751
That's odd, you said that REACT.cue appeared in your previous attempts to rip, that was created the same way the "mg" now fails. You had "DebugMode" on, right? Can you post the "debugging.txt" file contents here inside CODEBOX tags?

WAIT, try the following first: disable "EAC Options -> Tools -> Activate beginner mode..." if it's on. After that it might be best to configure REACT again (Ctrl+F2) just in case since EAC warns that some settings are turned to default using that setting.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1752
WAIT, try the following first: disable "EAC Options -> Tools -> Activate beginner mode..." if it's on. After that it might be best to configure REACT again (Ctrl+F2) just in case since EAC warns that some settings are turned to default using that setting.

You are my GOD!  I don't know, why this was turned on, but now it works! Thank you, Akkurat! 

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1753
Hi guys,

Is there a list and explanation for what the Encoder options are for EAC? Here's what I have so far; I'm hoping to get a full list of all available variables.

%o  .WAV file
%s  ??
%d  ??
%a  Album artist
%g  CD title
%t  Track title
%n  Track number
%x  CD number (or total track number in CD)
%y  Year released
%m  Genre
%e  ??
%f  FreeDB ID
%b  CRC value for track
%r  ??

Is there a variable for track length? Specific track artist? Boolean value for whether or not the Various Artists option is checked on EAC?

Thanks for REACT! I'm trying to mess with the .cfg files to get more info into the files and possible into my database.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1754
From the EAC FAQ, and copied to the EAC Compression Options wiki article:
In the field “Additional command line options” you could use replacements for the selectable options :
%s – Source filename
%d – Destination filename
%h…%h – Text “…” only when “High quality” selected
%l…%l -Text “…” only when “Low quality” selected
%c…%c – Text “…” only when “CRC checksum” selected
%r – Bitrate (“32″..”320″)
%a – CD artist
%g – CD title
%t – Track title
%y – Year
%n – Track number
%m – MP3 music genre
%o – Original filename (without temporary renaming)
%e – Comment (as selected in EAC)
%b – CRC of extracted track
%f – freedb ID
%x – Number of tracks on album
I agree there should be a placeholder for track artist; if there indeed isn’t (i.e. %a always maps to CD artist) that seems to me to be a considerable omission.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1755
Thanks! I found the FAQ just after I posted that question.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1756
Always happens!  I hadn’t realised that (apparently) %a always maps to album artist; that isn’t a good idea to me. I’d have thought it would map to track artist (if different), and there would be a separate album artist placeholder; even if only the former was true, at least it would create less work for the user.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1758
I wondered if that might be the case (I couldn’t remember from my own past usage of EAC), hence my inclusion of “apparently”, but thanks for clarifying!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1761
Hello everybody.

i just installed react 2.0 and the mod made by Akkurat.

I configured everything, but there are a few things i didn't figure out to configure well.

1.)
I want that compilations and cds with more than 1 disc are named that way {discNumber}{Tracknumber} - {Trackname}
there are many things i tried, but i did not success. My idea was:
Code: [Select]
IF @discnumber@ GTR 1 (
SET TrackName=@discnumber@@trackname@
) else (
SET TrackName=@trackname@
)
But this does not work propperly.
@discnumber@ is always 1. even when i change the value in the ALT+F5 "Additional Meta Data Field" (yes i did klick "update" after changing)

2.)
When i create a disc-image (mp3 + cue) the folder is named correctly. But the mp3tag does not contain all data: The "title" is nothing. There is nothing stored inside that string  It would be great if the title == album name, when i create disc-images...How can i fix this problem?

3.) if i select create a disc-image: react creates this image, but afterwards he creates separated files, too.
Only if i disable everything in
[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=0
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=0
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

no separated files will be created. Is there a fix for that?

4.) coverdownloader does not work. Does it work on your machine? If i start an mo3+cue-job a msgbox pops up, saying "must be that format <artist> <album> blabla..." But if i start the albumart.exe manually and fill out artist and album i get an ERROR 401: no connection to host / Host not found

Please help me! Thx a lot!

p.s. i did not find a link to attach files. Is there noone?

here's my react.ini:
[Settings]
Version=2.0.akku.b04
ImageExt=mp3
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$\$artist$ - $album$
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateCuesheet=m|mg|mc
RunCoverDownloader=1
CoverDownloader=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\react20\coverdownloader\albumart.exe
CoverDownloaderXUI=1
CoverDownloaderLocalPath=@mymusic@\EAC\$cdartist$ - $album$\cover.jpg
OpenAddMetaDataDiag=1
EAC=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
Tools=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\react20\tools
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=4
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Test=0

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=0
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=@mymusic@\EAC
ImageDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\flac
ImageDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\wav
ImageDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$
ImageDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\TAK
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\flac
TrackDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\wv
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$
TrackDir_AAC=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\AAC
TrackDir_OGG=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\OGG
TrackDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\TAK
TrackName_SA=$track$ - $title$
TrackName_VA=$track$ - $artist$ $title$
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t [$~a]

[UserSettings]
DebugMode=0
Debug=0
Comment=Created by me [EAC/@reactversion@, @curdate@]
EmbedCover=1
ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=1
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=1
UseWaveGainAG=1
Opt_Flac=-5 -f
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_LameMP3=-V5 --noreplaygain --nohist
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Opt_Tak=-p4M -overwrite
Ver_Flac=1.2.1b
Ver_Wavpack=4.60b
Ver_LameMP3=3.98.4
Ver_NeroAac=1.5.1
Ver_OggEnc2=2.83 sse3mt_lancer20061110
Ver_Tak=1.5.5

[DefaultMetaData]
discnumber=1
totaldiscs=1
discname=

the others are as they are the default ones. The changes (see above) i made i've there undone, because they did not work

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1762
MyNameIsHomer, I've some troubles following what you're doing (are you ripping images or tracks.. or both.. and using which "mode"..), hence I suggest that you read the REACT Wiki page and my short guide. Pay attention especially to the "3. Album Art Downloader XUI" part and to the "5.3. ONLY use F4 or F10 keys when ripping...". I believe that this should at least fix your problems 1* & 4.. and possibly 2.

* Partly, the "@discnumber@ is always 1" problem.. let's not tackle "compilation disc number" stuff yet, let's solve other things first.

3) F4 is used to rip in "track mode", F10 is "image mode" but it can create tracks as well from the ripped image. Creating an image is set in "ImageExt" setting (other than wav), tracks can be selected from under the [UserTrackFormats] section. There is no bug and thus there will not be a fix.

ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$\$artist$ - $album$

You can't put directory specs here, only the filename. Use "ImageDir_*" settings under [UserOutputNames].

CreateCuesheet=m|mg|mc

There's no point creating many cuesheets. If you haven't changed the gaps settings (default "append to previous track"), then create only "mg" cuesheet.

CoverDownloaderLocalPath=@mymusic@\EAC\$cdartist$ - $album$\cover.jpg

Can't use tokens under [Settings] section (except few in "ImageNaming"). This setting is used to point cover images already in your HD to be used in REACT instead of running AlbumArtDownloader. Check the setting help. I.e. if you don't have covers already, leave this setting empty. It is NOT used to set where REACT saves the cover in the end (common mistake).

I see that you've updated some of the encoders; note that there might be some changes to them that could break REACT functionality. Most probably they won't, but it's something to be aware of and possibly test everything before starting ripping your CD's.

P.S. Use CODEBOX tags instead of CODE tags when posting long listings.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1763
Hi Akkurat, thx for your reply.

i didn't know that is is necessary to use the hotkeys (F4+F10) to get EAC working.
Anyway i got solutions for the following problems right now:

1.) working
2.) working

3.) not solved now:
    - when i rip normal album-cds i want flac AND mp3 files to be created.
    - when i rip an DJ-SET mix i want to rip this as a "all-in-one" image file (.mp3 and maybe .flac, too)

to get this like i want it to be by now i have to select/deselect the filetypes everytime (set them 0 or 1)
[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=0
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=0
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

Is there a better/easier solution? for that so i don't have to work in the configs everytime?

4.) coverdownloader is now working.
i downloaded CoverDownloaderXUI and integrated this instead of that what comes along with your pack.
But the cover is named "folder.jpg". Is there an easy config-way to change that name? Or do i have to search-and-replace all "folder.jpg" in the tracks.cfg and the image.cfg?

New question: is something like
ImageExt=mp3|flac
in a way possible?

Here is my up to date react.cfg
[Settings]
Version=2.0.akku.b04
ImageExt=mp3
ImageNaming=$artist$ - $album$
ImageHotKey={F10}
TracksHotKey={F4}
TracksHotVal=+{F5}
VA=Various Artists
CreateCuesheet=mg
RunCoverDownloader=1
CoverDownloader=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\react20\CoverDownloaderXUI\AlbumArt.exe
CoverDownloaderXUI=1
CoverDownloaderLocalPath=
OpenAddMetaDataDiag=1
EAC=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\EAC.exe
Tools=C:\Programme\Exact Audio Copy\react20\tools
MinimizeCompressionWindow=0
ProcessPriority=5
Sla_Bks_Col_Qst_Bar_Quo_Ast_Lt_Gt=-|-|-||!|'|#|[|]
Test=0

[UserTrackFormats]
Flac=1
Wavpack=0
LameMP3=1
NeroAac=0
iTunesAac=0
OggEnc2=0
Tak=0

[UserOutputNames]
OutRoot=@mymusic@\EAC
ImageDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\flac
ImageDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\wav
ImageDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$
ImageDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\TAK
TrackDir_Flac=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\flac
TrackDir_Wavpack=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\wv
TrackDir_MP3=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$
TrackDir_AAC=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\AAC
TrackDir_OGG=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\OGG
TrackDir_Tak=@OutRoot@\$cdartist$ - $album$\TAK
TrackName_SA=$track$ - $title$
TrackName_VA=$track$ - $artist$ $title$
TrackName_SA_acdir=$n - $~t
TrackName_VA_acdir=$n - $~t [$~a]

[UserSettings]
DebugMode=0
Debug=0
Comment=Created with EAC/@reactversion@, @curdate@
EmbedCover=1
ReplayGain=1
ApplyAlbumGain=1
AdjustAlbumGain_dB=+3.0
AddCuesheetAG=0
UseWaveGainAG=0
Opt_Flac=-0 -f
Opt_Wavpack=-hmy
Opt_LameMP3=-V9 --noreplaygain --nohist
Opt_NeroAac=-lc -q 0.21
Opt_iTunesAac=-d -s 2000
Opt_OggEnc2=-q 3.0
Opt_Tak=-p4M -overwrite
Ver_Flac=1.2.1b
Ver_Wavpack=4.60b
Ver_LameMP3=3.98.4
Ver_NeroAac=1.5.1
Ver_OggEnc2=2.83 sse3mt_lancer20061110.zip
Ver_Tak=2.0.0

[DefaultMetaData]
discnumber=1
totaldiscs=1
discname=

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1764
- when i rip an DJ-SET mix i want to rip this as a "all-in-one" image file (.mp3 and maybe .flac, too)

to get this like i want it to be by now i have to select/deselect the filetypes everytime (set them 0 or 1)
Is there a better/easier solution? for that so i don't have to work in the configs everytime?

No. Though, why are you ripping "DJ-SET mix" CD's as images? Worried about gapless playing? You shouldn't. Tracks work equally the same. I believe that this forum is full of this same topic in case you want to know more.. just search.

the cover is named "folder.jpg". Is there an easy config-way to change that name? Or do i have to search-and-replace all "folder.jpg" in the tracks.cfg and the image.cfg?

No "INI config-way", but it seems that you already found a super easy way to change them to your liking.

BTW. my mod doesn't come with any cover downloader, it's the old old original REACT 2.0 which has that old, not working cover downloader app.

New question: is something like ImageExt=mp3|flac in a way possible?

No.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1765

No. Though, why are you ripping "DJ-SET mix" CD's as images? Worried about gapless playing? You shouldn't. Tracks work equally the same. I believe that this forum is full of this same topic in case you want to know more.. just search.

Hi Akkurat. thx for your reply.

Well, all my mp3-hardware create a second of silence between 2 tracks. I'm not able to tell them they shouldn't do that.  That's the reason.
Can you give me a hint how to fix it?  Searching all over the forum (or this 72 page topic) is very hard for me, because my english is sort of bad

EDIT: what does this whole "REM ---- Tracks ----"-Section inside react-IMAGE.cfg do? Does this whole part create the seperated tracks? Maybe it's a solution to youst delete this part or comment it out?What do you think about this?

Well, i did not know that this coverdownloader is from someone else then from you. I guessed it, but as an part of this package i thought it works fine with all the rest.
Maybe you should replace it with the XUI-version in your next release.

Another question: is it in a way possible to set up new config vars in the react.cfg (like "create_m3u=1") and access them in the other 2 .cfg, just like u did with your vars?

Thanks a lot for your help!

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1766
Well, all my mp3-hardware create a second of silence between 2 tracks

Whoops, seems like I'm talking (partly) horse manure. I didn't think about hardware stuff.. and it seems that I'm/was a bit uninformed/misguided about this topic. Sorry. Can't know everything.

Maybe you should replace it with the XUI-version in your next release.

Sure, it has been in my todo list for a while, but it's not just that easy as copying the files to my mod package. There's actually some things that need to be worked out/changed before I'm ready to "officially" support XUI in my mod.

is it in a way possible to set up new config vars in the react.cfg (like "create_m3u=1") and access them in the other 2 .cfg, just like u did with your vars?

Yes. In the INI file, e.g. under the [UserSettings] section, create whatever you like and you can use them in both .cfg's.

what does this whole "REM ---- Tracks ----"-Section inside react-IMAGE.cfg do? Does this whole part create the seperated tracks? Maybe it's a solution to youst delete this part or comment it out?

Yes, if you want to make a very customized configs, sure. Keep the "ImageExt=mp3" and remove all the track sections out (or just FLAC & Mp3). Now you won't have to edit INI, just rip gapless images with F10, and tracks with F4. Or leave the FLAC tracks in image config, and get Mp3 image & FLAC tracks with same rip.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1767
hey Akkurat, thank you very much.

as i integrated the XUI-version now, i can tell you, it just works fine

now i will integrate a variable like "create_m3u=1" in the user section. Reason. added some funktionality to create m3u playlists.

To the image.problem: i won't  delete the "create-tracks"-stuff. I got another idea. I added
[DefaultMetaData]
createImageONLY=0

and inside the "REACT-image.cfg" i check the status of this var to weather process single tracks or not. That's cool and more flexible i think

Feel free to grap this ideas to your mod.

Again thank you very much for your helping hand

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1768
as i integrated the XUI-version now, i can tell you, it just works fine

Just make sure to save/select only jpg images ((at least) FLAC encoding/tagging fails otherwise). My experience is that 99.9% of images retrieved by XUI scripts are jpg's. Additionally I've seen once a png image saved with a .jpg extension.

Again thank you very much for your helping hand

No problem.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1769
Anyone test with Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1770
With 99% certainty, it won't work. And unfortunately for you, talk about nice coincidence, I'm just starting a move to a new house (renovate the new, move stuff, paperworks, clean out both houses, etc., LOTS of work). So, it takes at least a month before I could even start _testing_ it out. But, IMO there's nothing in the new EAC that absolutely requires you to upgrade immediately.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1771
Is there a new site/version of React that supports the final version, Exact Audio Copy 1.0 ?

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1773
Anyone test with Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1?

Yes, and as Akkurat predicted, it doesn't work.

Wish I'd looked at this forum before I spent a few hours, but at least we can say it's been thoroughly tested now.

Fell back to an earlier version of EAC, and the REACT mod is working fine again.

Guess we'll have to be patient and hope Akkurat's move goes smoothly so he can start testing the new beta of EAC.

REACT 2 Released

Reply #1774
First of all, thanks a lot for REACT and the mods. I was using the akku.b03 mod for all of my CDs and was very happy with it until ...

... I bought a new computer using win7/64.

Until it comes to compression everything works out fine (Album Art XUI starts and saves the chosen file correctly, EAC reads the CD and saves the .wav files, the folders get created), but when compression starts, I end up with empty folders - no files. I uninstalled, and re-installed, following the list in post 1668, but the result is still the same. Any ideas?