Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I’m having problems with my songs not showing any metadata/tags (Read 1118 times) previous topic - next topic

I’m having problems with my songs not showing any metadata/tags

I'm having problems with my song track not auto filling the information, I'm sorry I would do a search but I'm not sure how to term the problem, thanks for any help

Reply #1
foobar2000 is not showing any metadata for your tracks because you did not write any metadata to them when you created them.

It was you who created them, right?

Reply #2
It was you who created them, right?

LOL db1989, he must have used a bad program to "rip" those tracks.

I'm having problems with my song track not auto filling the information, I'm sorry I would do a search but I'm not sure how to term the problem, thanks for any help

Since your tracks don't have tags, you can use foobar to guess them from the filename. It's not always 100% foolproof since you might have some inconsistency in your file naming scheme, so it may require some editing afterwards, but generally it's a lot easier than doing them all manually.

Right click the tracks and select "Tagging" - "Manage scripts". Then under "Actions to perform" select "Guess values from filenames". From the look of your playlist it looks like the pattern %track%.%artist%-%title% will work for most of your tracks.