Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 429179 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #775
On the latest version of Windows 10, the deskband appears pretty much in the middle of the taskbar, and if I switch to Floating Window mode, I can see that's because there's a lot of empty space on the right side of it. Is there any way to get rid of that/change the size or position of the deskband in Docked mode, so that it's actually docked in the right-hand corner of the taskbar?

Reply #776
Is there any future update for foobar2000 64 bit? Currently the component can't be installed in 64-bit version of foobar2000. Thanks!

Reply #777
I would love an x64 version of this as well!

Reply #778
Quick question, if you would: Are my Deskband Control settings (saved as a profile) saved as a file somewhere, so that I can backup, for safe keeping?  Thanks again for a great plug-in.

Reply #779
Hi!

DeskBand Controls buttons do not always work the first time I click them. Quite often I need to click them twice - when I click the first time the button moves a little (press down animation) but there is no effect in playback, then I need to click again to trigger play/pause etc.

Is is a common problem or is it only me? This does not happen regularly, cannot reproduce it, seems to be random. Seems like it's loosing focus or something like that.

Reply #780
Hi!

DeskBand Controls buttons do not always work the first time I click them. Quite often I need to click them twice - when I click the first time the button moves a little (press down animation) but there is no effect in playback, then I need to click again to trigger play/pause etc.

Is is a common problem or is it only me? This does not happen regularly, cannot reproduce it, seems to be random. Seems like it's loosing focus or something like that.

A little update on my issue.
I did some testing on a virtual machine with fresh Windows 10 and foobar2000 and my second PC with fresh foobar2000 installation. This issue persists on on both VM and second computer so I guess it must be happening to some of you too.
I tried several scenarios and the one which causes the buttons to malfunction most frequently is opening new Chrome browser window or loading a page in a new tab. Chrome seems to be stealing focus and then I need to click DeskBand button once to restore focus to explorer and second time to trigger actual button action.

Just leaving this info here for the component author, maybe it can be fixed somehow in the future.

Love the component BTW, well done! :-)

Reply #781
Just wondering if there are any plans to update this amazing component for Foobar 2 64-bit.  It would be greatly missed, if not.  N.
It is in plans, but due to current situation can't promise anything.

Just one more vote for the Deskband control for Foobar2000 2.0. It's a great feature to always have the music control available in any window.

For some reason it's stopped working on v 1.6.16 on my ancient PC. Displays the covers, but controls aren't working.

Reply #782
On the latest version of Windows 10, the deskband appears pretty much in the middle of the taskbar, and if I switch to Floating Window mode, I can see that's because there's a lot of empty space on the right side of it. Is there any way to get rid of that/change the size or position of the deskband in Docked mode, so that it's actually docked in the right-hand corner of the taskbar?.

Reserved space is for peakmeter which I forgot to turn on by default, so, right-click deskband, select settings, go to peakmeter section, then visibility and switch it to "Yes"

Reply #783
Quick question, if you would: Are my Deskband Control settings (saved as a profile) saved as a file somewhere, so that I can backup, for safe keeping?  Thanks again for a great plug-in.
Yes, they are saved at C:\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\DeskbandControls as json files.

Reply #784
For Windows 11 users, deskband will not work with new taskbar. Luckily there is a way to get back taskbar from Windows 10 (and many other useful options) with ExplorerPatcher program (free and open-source). It is available here and an example guide here.
Note: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
After that your Windows 11 can look like this:

Reply #785
A very cool and useful plugin. But there is a small feature ...
If there is a peaker display in the settings, then there is an increased load explorer.exe .

I specifically checked 2 different profiles, there is a peecker on one and it causes a load on explorer.exe , and there is no one on the other, and there is no load either.

If the author can fix it (if it is possible in principle) it would be great.
I have an assumption that this happens because of the active rendering on the canvas taskbar. And, perhaps, there is no way to circumvent this restriction...

Reply #786
This is a great plugin, thanks! I'm using the Floating Window and created a few different sizes with different infos. I guess the answer will be no, but is there a way to present the INFO from Spotify in the floating window? I don't need to use or have any control, just get the info, like "AudioBand" does (AudioBand controls, I'm meaning the INFO it gets from spotify). Thanks anyway, whatever the answer.

Reply #787
This is a great plugin, thanks! I'm using the Floating Window and created a few different sizes with different infos. I guess the answer will be no, but is there a way to present the INFO from Spotify in the floating window? I don't need to use or have any control, just get the info, like "AudioBand" does (AudioBand controls, I'm meaning the INFO it gets from spotify). Thanks anyway, whatever the answer.

Not possible in current implementation, unless you use some other foobar2000 plugin to expose Spotify info as % variables.

Unfortunately, no further development on this is possible until the war is ended.
Please consider donating on United24 (u24.gov.ua), thank you.

Reply #788
Hi
I've just discovered this fantastic component before changing my PC and installing the last version of foobar. I've tried installing the component but when i choose the file I have the following message : "Could not load component "foo_deskband_controls_3.7.1.fb2k-component": This component was built for a different processor architecture."
Does someone had the same issue ?

Reply #789
Hi! What version of foobar do you have? This component currently works only with the 32-bit version of foobar, I think maybe you have the 64-bit version, that's why that message appears.

Reply #790
That's it ! Thanks !

Reply #791
Finally got this beauty to work & loving it. Just 1 thing i need help with...
I have it setup to use just play/pause & next. I was able to reduce the empty space on the right side but can't seem to do the same on the left side. Any help would be so much appreciated,

Reply #792
I have it setup to use just play/pause & next. I was able to reduce the empty space on the right side but can't seem to do the same on the left side. Any help would be so much appreciated,
By default the left side is where album art picture is placed. If you don't need it, you can turn it off and move buttons to the left by setting their X coordinate respectively (starting from 0 for very left side).

Reply #793
By default the left side is where album art picture is placed. If you don't need it, you can turn it off and move buttons to the left by setting their X coordinate respectively (starting from 0 for very left side).
You're a saint, Thank You! Works perfectly. ;))