Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

What lossy format(s) do you use on a *regular* basis?

AAC or HE-AAC v1/v2 (.m4a, .aac…)
LossyWAV + lossless (.lossy.flac, .lossy.wv, .lossy.tak…)
MP3 (.mp3)
Musepack (.mpc)
Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)
Opus (.opus)
WavPack Lossy/Hybrid (.wv)
xHE-AAC (USAC)
I don't really use any lossy codec on a regular basis

Voting closes: 2022-01-02 02:34:16

Topic: 2021 Format poll [Lossy Formats] (Read 5202 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2021 Format poll [Lossy Formats]

Reply #50
LAME MP3 @ V5 because it still works.

Can you switch my vote to Opus, I started using it @80kbps for stereo and 32kbps for mono. It sounds pretty good, really Impressed.

Reply #51
@erick128
You should probably contact some of moderators for that.

Reply #52
The forum software does not allow editing votes, it would require manually fiddling with the database.

Reply #53
9439]
LAME MP3 @ V5 because it still works.

Can you switch my vote to Opus, I started using it @80kbps for stereo and 32kbps for mono. It sounds pretty good, really Impressed.
The forum software does not allow editing votes, it would require manually fiddling with the database.
As per Kode's reply, you can always vote next year.

As it's been agreed upon before by some of us, these yearly polls aren't meant to precisely defy this  community's opinion as a whole, to be even thought of as precise.

IIRC, even Igor C. (the OP) said so before.
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.

Musepack --quality 6
Wavpack -hb4.55x5cvm

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021