Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ogg vorbis encoding problem (Read 10213 times) previous topic - next topic

ogg vorbis encoding problem

Hello, everybody! Could you help me, please?
I had a simple ogg file (about 2 seconds-length). I converted it just to a pcm file using "libvorbisfile". Then I tried to convert it to .ogg again.
So, first I used libvorbisenc to setup encoding. I took that pcm file that I had got after decoding and wrote each its 2 consequent bytes in short and then just transformed them to float:
            short integerSample;
            ((char *)(&integerSample))[0] = pcmData[(i + j) * 2];
            ((char *)(&integerSample))[1] = pcmData[(i + j) * 2 + 1];
            inputEncodingBuffer[j] = (float)integerSample;
Then I used libvorbis to encode these raw packets to ogg pages using ogg_stream_packetin() and ogg_stream_pageout(). (I also didn't forgot about three header packets at the beginning and also created ogg pages for them.) Then I output these ogg pages using fwrite() and got an ogg file of appropriate size. I tried to play it with VLC player. But it all failed. The player recognizes this file as ogg but does not play it. And when I look at file's properties all fileds like sapling rate, channel number are equal to zeros or no info. So I understand that i do something wrong. But i can't understand what exactly. I read all info on ogg vorbis official site. Looked through great deal of similar codes in the Interenet. But it seems like I didn't forgot anything. So I don't understand why my code does not work. By the way, when I change some parametres in vorbis_encode_init_vbr(), e.g. sampling rate or quality my output ogg files change. So this info about my music file affects encoding generally.
I understand that it's difficult to guess what's wrong only from what I've just written here. But maybe you could give me some hint.
I can write here more details about my workflow of course.
Every help will be very appreciated!
Thank you.