Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a new pair for headphones/headset on a budget of $70. (Read 1345 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a new pair for headphones/headset on a budget of $70.

Hey, im looking for something to replace Kraken Pro. I was thinking maybe Audio-Technica ATH-M20X but people recommended me to buy HyperX Cloud which im very unsure of because i heard bad things about it.

Re: Looking for a new pair for headphones/headset on a budget of $70.

Reply #1
I always recommend that you go to the store and listen for yourself, and try them on for comfort on your head.   Opinions vary, preferences vary, and headphone specs tend to be useless.

These are NOT personal recommendations....

The Koss PortaPro has been around for about 30 years and there's a reason it's been popular for so long.  (I own a pair, but I can't say how it compares to other headphones in your price range.)

The Grado SR60's are often recommended as one of the best inexpensive headphones.  (I own a pair of Grado SR225's).

Both of those are open headphones.

GoodCans.xom has headphone recommendations in various price ranges with a minimum of audiophile nonsense, but they only recommend stuff they sell so there might be some good choices they don't mention.

Reply #2
For a decent low-cost headset, I've been extremely happy with my Beyerdynamic MMX2. It's inexpensive, comfortable, has good sound quality (for my taste, anyway), and the sound quality from the mic is pretty good too, certainly good enough for voice chat or VOIP (which is what I'm using it for).

It's on sale for $70 on Amazon at the moment, and it comes with a USB sound card with volume control and a handy mic mute button.

Reply #3
My vote goes to Noontec. it sounds better than it, err... sounds.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

Reply #4
Pioneer SE A1000
AVI ADM 9RS | HD 650 | HD 598 | Asus Essence One Muses Edition DAC & HA | Garage1217.com Project Ember HA | Asus STX DAC & HA | Fiio E12 | iDevices

To get added to my Whatsapp Audiophilia group, PM me!