Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to display Sample Peak (not True Peak) in dB in playlist? (Read 1523 times) previous topic - next topic

How to display Sample Peak (not True Peak) in dB in playlist?

I'm currently using this string to display the oversampled True Peak value in dB the playlist:

%replaygain_track_peak_db%

But I was wondering if there was also a way to display the actual sample peak level in dB, which string would I need? As a mastering engineer, it's often very interesting for me to be able to view the difference between the two values.

I couldn't find anything in the Foobar Title Formatting Reference that looked like it would do it, any chance it could be added as another option in future?

Thanks in advance,

Gregg

Re: How to display Sample Peak (not True Peak) in dB in playlist?

Reply #1
I'm afraid there isn't an elegant solution as only one peak value is recorded. You'd have to scan twice: first without oversampling, move the peak values into another field with any convenient name using Automatically Fill Values in the track properties dialog (use %replaygain_track_peak_db% so they stay formatted), and then scan a second time with oversampling selected in global preferences.

Re: How to display Sample Peak (not True Peak) in dB in playlist?

Reply #2
OK thanks for the info, maybe not possible easily at the moment, be nice if it scanned the sample peak value too. Not totally necessary, but would just be interesting for me, I often like to compare the values in the properties/info pane in iZotope RX7 Advanced etc.