Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in displayed: how to find a slash? (Read 1002 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in displayed: how to find a slash?

I started it here; but as my problem became wider and (i think) more important (affects the entire search system), i decided to create a new topic.

My goal: find wrong tagged files with foobar autoplaylistes. I want to find slash in tags.

Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in the displayed. If composer tag is "Bach / Gounod", composer HAS / does not match it -- but composer HAS , matches, as foobar uses comma to display a delimiter between multiple values. Sorry, track HAS , is not a solution to find a slash in track number, because foobar treats it as combined track + tracktotal, and does not use comma to display it -- displays them simply as different tags, track and tracktotal. And composer HAS , is not a solution to find a slash in composer tag too, because i use myself a comma in a single value composer (and all person name's) tag, for example Bach, Johann Sebastian.

I would be happy for any help.
Mp3tag is a half solution. It matches the search for comma. But i must to load a whole library first, while the advantage of the foobar autoplaylist is constant readiness, it always and immediately shows me a wrong tagged files.

By the way, an interesting, too, thing: $char() does not work in search: composer HAS "$char(66)" does not match Bach.

Re: Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in the displayed.

Reply #1
That is expected behavior. foobar2000 parses the tags to its own common format and that is what is stored in media library and shown in properties and that is what is searchable.

Re: Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in displayed: how to find a slash?

Reply #2
Thank you, Case, for your quick reply. And is there a workaround to find a slash in the tag?
And by the way, since it is time: Merry Christmas to Peter, to all developers and forum helpers.

Re: Foobar searches not in the real tag data, but in displayed: how to find a slash?

Reply #3
By the way, an interesting, too, thing: $char() does not work in search:
Actually, it does, but only on the left side of the query. On the right side of the query only a constant expression is allowed.
And is there a workaround to find a slash in the tag?
If you just want to figure out, if the composer tag has multiple values, you could use "$meta_num(composer)" GREATER 1

Reply #4
By the way, an interesting, too, thing: $char() does not work in search:
Actually, it does, but only on the left side of the query. On the right side of the query only a constant expression is allowed.
You are right, thank you for the help: "$if($strchr(%composer%,$char(66)),1,)" IS 1 matches.

And is there a workaround to find a slash in the tag?
If you just want to figure out, if the composer tag has multiple values, you could use "$meta_num(composer)" GREATER 1
I tag the files exclusively in Mp3tag. It creates multiple values in the tag using \\ in the input field between the values. Files i convert in foobar, and it left slashes as delimiter in converted files, if the source file has multiple tags (even with \\). My goal is to find these slashes, as they are "wrong" from my aspect (of consistency) delimiters. And much more comfortable to monitor them with foobar autoplaylist, because slashes can often reappear, for example when i convert mp4 (with multiple values) to mp3 in foobar.

Reply #5
I tag the files exclusively in Mp3tag. It creates multiple values in the tag using \\ in the input field between the values. Files i convert in foobar, and it left slashes as delimiter in converted files, if the source file has multiple tags (even with \\).

BTW, Mp3tag doesn't really write \\ to files.