Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: currently playing file centered in list (Read 2297 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: currently playing file centered in list

The topic speaks for itself.  Alternately, the currently playing file should be at the top of the visible list.

Reply #1
If you were poking about within the playlist....or somewhere else in foobar it would interfere if playing track kept grabbing focus.

Currently, just double click the status bar and regardless of where you are in foobar you will be brought to the current track centered.

terry

Reply #2
I'm throwing random portable playlists into Foobar.  I scroll down, click the "next track" button, the visible playlist doesn't change.

Could be because of ColumnsUI.

Reply #3
I don't know what throwing random portable playlists means.

I do not use CUI. Maybe someone else will chime in, or you could ask you question directly in the CUI thread,

terry

Reply #4
give "playback > curser follows playback" a try. won't help if you're in another playlist though, then you have to double click the statusbar as said before.
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #5
too complicated; the current tune should be centered at all times

Reply #6
if the current tune would be centered all the time, how could you browse the playlist?
is the purpose to know what's currently playing? if thats the case, you can see it in the window title or you could create an "item details" panel to your CUI config and bind it to currently playing. but I guess that's too complicated, too... 
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0