Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Req] Support copying ALL album art in the converter.  (Read 739 times) previous topic - next topic

[Req] Support copying ALL album art in the converter.

Hi!

Foobar has this feature which allows me to add arbitrary locations/file-name-patterns to search for album art, which I have been using for ages.
Unfortunately it seems like it was forgotten about for conversion:
  • The "Transfer attached pictures" only transfers embedded pictures (I think)
  • The "Copy other files to the destination folder" which might also work, doesn't because unlike the album art section, it doesn't support absolute paths.

What would be nice is a more generic "Copy album art to destination folder" (with renaming to standard names) feature. That would copy all files (the first hit) that foobar loads for viewing as configured in the display > album art section.

Or fixing up the existing options: the second option to handle absolute paths too. The first to not only work for embedded album arts.

(I'm not sure this is the prober section for requests, please move if it isn't)

Re: [Req] Support copying ALL album art in the converter.

Reply #1
Well, this didn't get much attention...

Anyway, my album art section is like this:
Code: [Select]
e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.png
e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.jpg
e:\Album Borítók\%artist% - %album%.jpeg
e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.png
e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.jpg
e:\Album Borítók\%album artist% - %album%.jpeg
front.jpg
cover.jpg
cover1.jpg
%filename%.jpg
%album%.jpg
folder.jpg
front.png
cover.png
cover1.png
%filename%.png
%album%.png
folder.png

Which works best because this way I have album art for any variants of the same song, even if I converted only the one.

Anyway, I've been loading album art this way for years, so I have hundreds of album art images in my folder.
It's a tad unfeasible to copy them to my android phone on-by-one. It's disappointing that this use case was neglected in the converter.