Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to cast from Tidal to Marantz NR 1607? (Read 1119 times) previous topic - next topic

How to cast from Tidal to Marantz NR 1607?

I have just switched from an iphone to a Galaxy Ultra s23. With my old iPhone I could cast music to my Marantz receiver(NR 1607) from spotify, Apple Music and Tidal, but with my Galaxy I can only cast from Spotify. I have just bought a subscription to Tidal HiRes and would like to be able to cast from Tidal to my Marantz. My Marantz receiver simply does not turn up as an option when trying to cast.  How do I solve this? I don´t mind buying some kind of hardware to solve this, preferably not a new receiver though.

These are the things I have tried/checked so far:
•   My receiver is on the same wifi as my Galaxy.
•   My receiver has the latest firmware
•   I tried connecting my Philips smart tv( it has chromecast) with my receiver with an HDMI cable, but then I only hear music from the tv, not the speakers.

Would this be an option, or do you have other suggestions?   https://www.audiophile.no/en/articles-tests-reviews/item/3074-review-wiim-mini

I would be very grateful for any help

Re: How to cast from Tidal to Marantz NR 1607?

Reply #1
I don't know about Wiim, but I've had good success with just getting some used Chromecast (CC) Audio to hook up amps/active speakers to my WiFi. It has an optical output, is small and "just works". I've read at multiple places that WiiM and its siblings work just as well (just more expensive) and plan to use them once I no longer have a working CC Audio.

What's most puzzling to me about your experience is that one app sees your amp, while another doesn't...

Reply #2
The NR1607 only supports AirPlay and Spotify Connect, you'll need a device which supports either Chromecast or Tidal Connect.

Reply #3
So far, I read very good reviews about those Wiim streaming boxes and if you're connecting it digitally via TOS link or S/PDIF, the Mini should match your needs.

I just bought the Wiim Pro Plus for my brother in Norway, because his setup is built around a Rotel RA-1570 that doesn't have any networking options and he could make use of the Wiim Pro Plus' improved AD section.

I'd chosen the Mini, if he didn't need the AD capabilities.

I'm expecting his feedback on Christmas evening... :D

Reply #4
•   I tried connecting my Philips smart tv( it has chromecast) with my receiver with an HDMI cable, but then I only hear music from the tv, not the speakers.

I don't know your TV, but for that setup, you might need to enable the Audio Return Channel (ARC) so that the audio signal gets sent through HDMI to your amp.

If the TV has a TOS link or S/PDIF output, it might be sufficient to connect that to your amp without having to activate ARC in its HDMI setup.

I did so a few years back with my old LG TV

Reply #5
Thanks for your answers. They were very helpful. I think I will buy a wiim mini.
I am not sure how I connect it in the possible way with my maractz NR 1607 though. Any idea?

Reply #7
I have got my Wiim now, but no sound from.my speakers. I used optical output but no sound.
How do I plug it in?

Reply #8
Try here

Reply #9
I did that, but no sound from my speakers

Reply #10
It works now, but sometimes it Will not stream from
my Marantz so I have to change the input on my Marantz to audio/video. It would be move convenient f it started playing directly

Reply #11
I don't know your amp, but since Marantz is usually very similar to Denon (which I use), I reckon you should assign the optical input to one of your sources (eg. Media Player -> OPT) and use that input whenever you want to listen to your Wiim.

https://manuals.marantz.com/NR1607/EU/EN/GFNFSYicezyjvb.php