Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: compaact! MPEG-4 AAC encoder (Read 10857 times) previous topic - next topic

compaact! MPEG-4 AAC encoder

Reply #25
Hmm, makes sense. I didn't think of the aspect of interoperability/standardization before, which also seems to make a selling feature. If that's common among developers it is even better! Thanks for poiting that out.

Reply #26
Are you sure about that? Which settings did you use? Did you make a blind test, or is it an impression?

Of course I'm not sure about that. It was impression but i trust my ears but of course it's not the argument. So, sorry if I've harm you. By the way what is the
annoying zAAC.dll which autocreated everytime you start compaact! It seems that this dll is not valid since it have no header or sections. Some sort of bug ?

Reply #27
Of course I'm not sure about that. It was impression but i trust my ears but of course it's not the argument.

Right, well next time make sure you mark it as your impression/opinion and say that you haven't done real blind testing to justify this opinion.
Of course even better would be if you'd actually do blind testing and rating rather than just giving out vague impression about quality which is no help for the developer or anybody else. 
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #28
By the way what is the annoying zAAC.dll which autocreated everytime you start compaact! It seems that this dll is not valid since it have no header or sections. Some sort of bug ?

open it in a text ( or HEX ) editor and i'm sure you'll get it.

Reply #29
I encoded castanets.wav with compaact MPEG4 AAC encoder and decoded it with cooledit with FAAD plugins.. It seems to me that the TNS is not properly done.. The decoded clip shows ringing artifacts..

Reply #30
I encoded castanets.wav with compaact MPEG4 AAC encoder and decoded it with cooledit with FAAD plugins.. It seems to me that the TNS is not properly done.. The decoded clip shows ringing artifacts..

I personally think that the TNS implementation is not bad, compared to others.
However, what settings did you use and do you hear the artifacts also in the prelisten mode?

Alexander