Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4 (Read 27948 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4 has been released.
Download...
Read release notes...

List of changes:
  • Bug fix: Having "full file buffering" feature enabled breaks Windows Media streaming over HTTP.
  • Bug fix: Incorrect sorting of the "Duration" column in Default UI.
  • Bug fix: Cannot convert to WAV+CUE.
  • Added support for ASX files referencing other ASX files.
  • Installer now forcefully removes very old components that can no longer be loaded. You will be prompted before anything gets deleted so you can back relevant files up.
  • Old behavior of the Converter's [...] button has been restored.
  • Added a hidden-by-default main menu command to access Playlist Search regardless of current focus.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #1
There are some significant issues here after updating. Tagging via freedb doesn't work anymore and the ReplayGainScanner crashed, too.

EDIT: Ok, seems it won't work on some specific .wma-files.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #2
It crashes for me. Won't run at all.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #3
I don't see any crash reports from you coming in.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #4
thanks for the update. quite surprised to see the converter "..." behaviour reversed. nice.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #5
Sorry 4 my bad English. I found incorrect behavior with status-bar layout in beta 3 and beta 4 (maybe all betas have this bug). 0.9.x.x works fine. Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Install fb2k 1.0 beta 4 (portable) without any additional components.
2. Choose one of the themes.
3. Export theme (full). It save nominal status bar.
4. Change status-bar formatting (for example, to %codec%)
5. Import saved theme (full, ofc). Press Ok. Status-bar will not return to nominal. Why?(

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #6
The Play command appears in context menu even if it is un-checked in preferences (it only occurs in Default UI). Is it by design?

I couldn't find an answer to this.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #7
@trout: It's a special command that cannot be disabled in Playlist View. Disabling the context-menu option removes it from the Album List, etc.

@Ardax: The only components deleted are components that cause support issues and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #8
I figured it out. I added one by one each one of my gazillion components and it was foo_dsp_winamp.dll, which was causing crashes for me.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #9
DirectSound 32-bit output still giving very distorted sound
On 0.9.6.9 DS 32 bit sounds ok

P.S. SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer, XP Pro SP3
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #10
I figured it out. I added one by one each one of my gazillion components and it was foo_dsp_winamp.dll, which was causing crashes for me.
Please keep sending automated crash reports - they can be identified, tagged, forwarded to the developer of the relevant component; as a bonus, people running into the same bug in the future can be automatically told what the problem is.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #11
I love you guys.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #12
Thnx 4 the new Beta. So far so does everything works just fine here.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #13
On my G15 keyboard I can no longer assign my forward/backward/play/stop keys for custom shortcuts (I could in .9). 

Those keys are now hard coded. All other MM keys can still be assigned.

Sorry to bring this up again from the beta 3 thread but...

This is somewhat inconvenient because I use "Random" for playback.  Therefore, the normal "previous" does nothing (well except for pausing the song and restarting it from the beginning, not exactly ideal).  I have to use foo_navigator's "Back" to achieve the desired result.  Unfortunately with this new setup (i.e. hard coding) this is not possible. 

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #14
It's awesome updating fb2k to beta 4 in time, thank you Peter!

I'm excited that the ASX-file support has been greatly improved, and the channels in one radio station array as an album,
it looks tidy and beautiful, but a small question appears--the track-numbers can't been displayed, I hope it'll be solved
in the next release.

Another question is still confusing me, if the items(songs) are empty or  dead, the fb2k will dead loop, it become uncontrollable,
and I have to quit the program by force, I wonder that it's the bug of the FB or the plug-in components.

Thank you Peter, once again!

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #15
I like the built in media control. However I think there should be an option to make it global. I can't use my keyboard now to use global media buttons due to the imbedded ones.

Nevermind. It's the stupid microsoft driver's problem.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #16
Hi, I found strange behavior on foobar2000 v1.0 beta4.
I use playback statistics(foo_playcount by pater) and auto write tag to file future.
this is very useful for me because statistics not reset when foobar2000 was clashed.
ok, ploblem is occurred when I change music rating by menu command.
after, rating is changed.(example 4→5, 4→3)
and "reset playcount tag on file."
For example, I see playcount alteration that is the following chenge. 32→0, 10→0 on playlist view columns field.
This mean lost playcount field on music tags.
may be not happen on another version of foobar2000.
I am hesitate this post to play_count thread. but I think this plobrem caused by beta version foobar2000.
finally, I post this thread.

Thank you. and pardon for my strange english.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #17
Continuous work on Windows audio streaming and change of the converter "..." behaviour: Good news.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #19
Peter. Can You add a settings for spectrum analyzer like high and low edge of bands? For me It's needed to view levels of more deeper bass than 50 Hz. Also I use multimedia keys as global hotkeys, so removing possibility of It's settings is not good in my oppinion.
Thanks. Keep up good work.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #20
Old behavior of the Converter's [...] button is back and I'm happy again with foobar2000    Still no possibility to donate? 3+ years ago I got no answer and nothing is mentioned in FAQ.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #21
Hello Peter,

Lyrics2v2 tags are not removed. They are forgotten in the removal of ID3v1 tags at the end of files.

An optional switch to support the RelpayGain values as in MediaMonkey might be fantastic?.

Thank you,
rupert

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #22
typo in titleformat_help.html -- a missing R :

$strippefix(%artist%) ⇒ “The Prodigy” becomes “Prodigy”

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #23
This may not be a bug, but I find this unusal:

When I have tracks listed twice in a playlist where the entries differ only by case in the file path (i.e., one entry has an uppercase letter in the path where the other entry has a lowercase letter), the "Remove Duplicates" function will not identify them as being duplicates, even though both entries point to the exact same file.

foobar2000 v1.0 beta 4

Reply #24
At the rate foobar2000 development is progressing, can we expect a final release this month? Would be a nice Christmas present