Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bits Per Sample (Read 1284 times) previous topic - next topic

Bits Per Sample

Hi all.

Please, could anyone tell me what is the Title Formatting Reference for the 'Bits Per Sample'?

I would like to make a column with this information (16bit, 24bit, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bits Per Sample

Reply #1
$info(bitspersample)

Reply #4
The percent signs produce more readable code with fewer nested parentheses. I got an impression that the underscores are seen "old style", as most of the technical fields got remapped to plain fields in the same space as tags. All %__foo% are equivalent to $info(foo).

Reply #5
Great clarification, thanks for that too!

Reply #6
There seems to be a minor difference in how they display for playlist columns.

$info(codec_profile) doesn't produce a question mark in the absence of a codec profile, whereas %codec_profile% does.
The same applies to $info(bitspersample) vs %__bitspersample%.

Rest of post deleted due to incorrect testing on my part.

Reply #7
$info(codec_profile) doesn't produce a question mark in the absence of a codec profile, whereas %codec_profile% does.
The same applies to $info(bitspersample) vs %__bitspersample%.
FWIW, I use [%codec_profile%] in my status bar and it does not produce a question mark in that case, just no entry:

[%artist% - ]['('%album%[ #%tracknumber%]')' ] %title%  | %codec% | [%codec_profile%] | %bitrate% kbps | %samplerate% Hz | $info(bitspersample) b | %channels% | %playback_time%[ / %length%]

Reply #8
I was aware of the use of square brackets, but maybe I should have made that clear.
That's what I meant though, you have to use square brackets to avoid the question mark when using %codec_profile%, but it appears for $info(codec_profile) you don't.

Just a thought, but would this be better? It should remove the unnecessary space and delimiter when there is no codec profile.

| %codec% | [%codec_profile% | ]%bitrate% kbps |

Reply #9
Indeed it does, yetanotherid, and thank you!  Following your example I also cleaned up the display of bit depth for lossy audio.